Color palettes changing sometimes during battle, to correct colors?

#1xXhakuhyouXxPosted 7/25/2013 3:32:47 PM
So, I'm playing this game on my old Game Boy Color right now, and, it displays four colors during gameplay; black, white, blue, and red. This can change if you press buttons while on the "Game Boy" screen after powering it on, I know...

But sometimes, something weird happens when I'm in a battle. A move will be used, and just for a second or so, my Pokemon's color changes to the correct colors- Clefairy to pink, and white, Raichu to brown with its yellow electric sacs on its cheeks... et cetera.

Is there some way to make the game display like that all the time? So that everything's in the correct colors? Or can only the Super Game Boy on SNES do that?
---
My Systems: TBGFX16; NES; SNES; GEN; SCD; Genmobile; RetroDuo; N64; GCN; Wii; GB; GBP; GBC; GBA; GBA SP; DS Lite; DSi; 3DS; PS1; PS2; PS3
#2GunbladeladPosted 7/26/2013 4:00:38 AM
I've never seen the colours switch like that myself on the GBC. However, I do notice that on Stadium / Super Game Boy when moves are used, then parts of the pokemon close to the start of the move animation may change colour to that of the move, so it may be something to do with this effect you're seeing.

The GBC doesn't have the neccessary coding to display the "Super Game Boy" colours, but the Pokemon Stadium games do (I believe they're simply an emulator running capable of recognising the Super Game Boy pallete switches. If you wish to play the GB games in full colour, I do have to recommend you use the Stadium games, as the colours will be richer and fuller. (The Super Game Boy's colours look a bit "washed out" in comparison.

On a final side-note (nothing to do with this query), that is one impressive list of systems you have in your signature, but I couldn't help but notice you're lacking the Game Boy Micro and the Classic DS...
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#3xXhakuhyouXx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 12:52:35 PM
I'll definitely try playing the game while connected to Stadium :) I especially love the speed function. I totally forgot I had that game, haha!

And, thanks a lot!!! :) It took me a long time to collect those!!! I used to have a classic DS, but I sold it to get some more money to buy a DS Lite. And, I never did get a Game Boy Micro... The screen's just too small for me! :P
---
My Systems: TBGFX16; NES; SNES; GEN; SCD; Genmobile; RetroDuo; N64; GCN; Wii; GB; GBP; GBC; GBA; GBA SP; DS Lite; DSi; 3DS; PS1; PS2; PS3