Using the Ditto glitch to complete the Pokedex without trading?

#1NebulaBluePosted 8/5/2013 6:19:12 PM
Just asking here to see if this is plausible. If it can be done, is it just a matter of:

-Leaving at least one "off-screen" Trainer (like the Route 8 Gambler) to Fly/Teleport from
-Having the Special stat needed for Transform to trigger the right Pokémon encounter
-Making sure there are enough Trainers on the map to battle (so the game can get out of "battle mode")?

If it's possible, I figure I'll take the necessary measures to do it so I don't screw myself over later on. If not, I'll just drop the idea.

Related, can the same off-screen Trainer be used to start the glitch as often as needed? Or will that Trainer no longer try to engage you after successfully performing the glitch once? If not... I'm gonna have to make sure I leave enough of them alone on the map.

Thanks in advance, if anyone reads this.
#2pokedude7Posted 8/6/2013 5:12:48 AM
It's possible (indeed that is how I get extra Eevee's) and the Off screen Trainer that you start the Glitch with? So long as you don't actually battle him, you can use him to do the glitch as much as you want.
#3NebulaBlue(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 3:16:01 PM
Ah, that's perfect, then. Now I only have to worry about leaving enough Trainers alone so I can fight them when I need to.

Thanks for the response.