Using the Ditto glitch to complete the Pokedex without trading?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Blue Version
  3. Using the Ditto glitch to complete the Pokedex without trading?
2 years ago#1
Just asking here to see if this is plausible. If it can be done, is it just a matter of:

-Leaving at least one "off-screen" Trainer (like the Route 8 Gambler) to Fly/Teleport from
-Having the Special stat needed for Transform to trigger the right Pokémon encounter
-Making sure there are enough Trainers on the map to battle (so the game can get out of "battle mode")?

If it's possible, I figure I'll take the necessary measures to do it so I don't screw myself over later on. If not, I'll just drop the idea.

Related, can the same off-screen Trainer be used to start the glitch as often as needed? Or will that Trainer no longer try to engage you after successfully performing the glitch once? If not... I'm gonna have to make sure I leave enough of them alone on the map.

Thanks in advance, if anyone reads this.
2 years ago#2
It's possible (indeed that is how I get extra Eevee's) and the Off screen Trainer that you start the Glitch with? So long as you don't actually battle him, you can use him to do the glitch as much as you want.
2 years ago#3
Ah, that's perfect, then. Now I only have to worry about leaving enough Trainers alone so I can fight them when I need to.

Thanks for the response.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Blue Version
  3. Using the Ditto glitch to complete the Pokedex without trading?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived