How can I teach Electabuzz ice Punch/Fire Punch?

#1MizardOfAwesomePosted 8/7/2013 5:41:19 AM
I don't have Silver or Gold so TM isn't an option. Games I have are R/B/Y, Ruby/Sapph/Leaf and Diamond.

I'm thinking maybe egg moves? I could mate an electabuzz with jynx in leafgreen to get an elekid with Ice punch then mate that elekid with magmar for an elekid with both then evolve it and trade it back. Does Electabuzz even mate with those Jynx and Magmar? Can Leaf green even trade to Blue? Any better ideas?

I need the Electabuzz to end up in Blue version for stadium.

Thanks in advance.
---
"Fill my hole, Superman." - Power Girl
#2pokedude7Posted 8/8/2013 5:16:14 AM
There are several problems with that:

1. Jynx is always female, so if you mate Jynx with Electabuzz, the offspring will be Smoochum.

2. You can't trade between 1st and 3rd gen.

3. if you don't want to acquire 2nd gen (why not?), then the only way is by cheat cartridge (Game Shark or Action Replay).
#3MizardOfAwesome(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 6:13:46 PM
Damn, that sucks. I have a copy of Silver with a dead save battery, I guess I'll have to try the electrical tape repair method. I was hoping there'd be another way as this means waiting for a new battery to arrive and playing through Silver again. (Plus I'm really good at stuffing up repairs like this)

Thanks pokedude, you saved me the headache of walking around aimlessly just to hatch a Smoochum that I won't be able to trade. .
---
"Fill my hole, Superman." - Power Girl
#4GunbladeladPosted 8/10/2013 1:42:43 PM
You should be able to breed up the move on Leaf Green easily enough, but getting it in Gen 1 without Gen 2 will be tricky unless you resort to cheat devices.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming