I recently got Pokemon Blue for my birthday. Question about link cable transfer?

#1THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 8/15/2013 12:28:14 AM
So excited about my new game. My cousin got Pokemon Red last Christmas. I recently got Pokemon Blue for my birthday. I've been dying to play this. My cousin's basically my best friend. I really wanted to get the version that he wasn't getting, so I wanted Blue after I found out that he got Red. I like Blastoise better anyway. My cousin always pretends that he's better than me at everything just because he's older than me. He's only older than me by a week, seven days exactly.

Anyway, my older brother told me that if I got a link cable I could trade and battle Pokemon with my cousin. That would be really cool, because I want show my cousin that I'm better than him at training Pokemon. I'm just wondering, how does the link cable work? Is it as easy as plugging it in to my Game Boy and go? Any help would be great. Thank you!
#2pokedude7Posted 8/15/2013 3:56:48 AM
How to use the Link Cable:

1. Make sure the Cable is the proper one for the game (GB.GBC for gen 1/2, GBA for gen 3, etc.)

2. Plug the cable in both game boys.

3. In the game, go to the area in the Pokecenter where you can trade.

4. Choose to trade or battle (if the option is there).

5. Enter the room and do your business.