So I think the Missingno. glitch has permanently corrupted the cartridge I have

#1Bronco_Buster89Posted 9/1/2013 11:20:44 PM
Whenever I select New Game, the picture of Prof. Oak comes up, and as soon as the text box appears, the game freezes, playing random noises, usually a Gastly cry.

When I load up the currently saved file, I find the character on the route between Mt. Moon and Cerulean City, and cannot open my Pokemon screen without it freezing, nor can I go into the PC in a Pokemon centre. Also Pokemon Battles freeze the game too,

Is there any way to fix this, say removing the battery to delete the save? Anyone have any ideas?
---
Pokemon Pearl FC: 0130 5422 8862
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 0560-9181-8821
#2GunbladeladPosted 9/6/2013 3:07:47 AM
You can attempt to replace the battery which should - in theory - fix the problem. A slightly less drastic option would be to use down+select+B to delete the save data and see if that works. Other people have reported that rapidly switching on & off has successfully reset the game data as well.

My suggestion would be to first try the button combo to delete the save data, and if that fails, then to replace the battery. If the second option works, then the cartridge should be good for another 15+ years.

I will say this much though - if you choose to replace the battery yourself, do take care as it's very easy to cause physical damage to the cartridge - If you're not sure about removing the battery, get someone who's good with electronics to do it for you.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming