I always wondered...

#1PicotheCanadianPosted 9/11/2013 11:02:42 PM
...Even though was the first game for many people, it's undeniable that it's one of the most glitchiest in the series. That despite all it's glitches, it still pretty tough (under normal circumstances).

I've always wondered, outside of save corruption, is there a way to totally break this game and bring it crashing. What I mean by "breaking", that, outside of physical harm; possible to do ingame that renders the game totally inoperable regardless if the battery is functional or not.

I'm looking towards the many (or few) people on this board that know the inside and out of this game, is there any sort of highly volatile glitch that can just utterly destroy the game. The farthest that I've seen where the game is given an uppercut is through Pocket Monsters Green where you use the select glitch to walk outside the bounds in Pallet Town and into the grass.

Is there anything that can just destroy the game (I've heard of Missingno. on the unfortunate off chance of destroying the game, or at least making it to the point where it's unplayable).
---
The Delicious Maple Syrup Jackhammer
#2GunbladeladPosted 9/12/2013 9:14:13 AM
Sadly the Missingno thing is the only one I'm aware of (having been the victim of it personally). For something to deliberately render a game unplayable in the way you're describing would almost certainly require physical damage to the game itself.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#3gbchaosmasterPosted 9/12/2013 9:23:32 AM
The farthest that I've seen where the game is given an uppercut is through Pocket Monsters Green where you use the select glitch to walk outside the bounds in Pallet Town and into the grass.

As far as I know, that only causes a crash. I do it all the time with Walk Through Walls cheat code (speed button goes too fast sometimes =P)

As far as the saved game goes, Charizard 'M is the most volatile (and thus my favorite) glitch I know, because it turns all your pokemon into Charizard 'M. I don't know if there's a way to revert it or it's permanent.

And this has little to do with the topic, but if you twink the game's memory in the right places (using VBA for example) you can get some pretty cool glitches and error messages. (the game has error messages if you didn't know - they're rarely seen in normal plays but common once you fool around with cheat codes and glitches)
---
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg
#4PicotheCanadian(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 10:51:44 AM
Well shoot!~

That's too bad, would've liked to see that as the game crashing in that fashion proved to oddly be the awesome-est thing I've seen. I know with the ZZAZZ glitch it can get pretty crazy as well. Might have to fool around with some of the pokemon codes and glitches.
---
The Delicious Maple Syrup Jackhammer