Odd glitch I've never heard of before

#1hamsandwich3141Posted 12/13/2013 10:00:01 PM
So I was facing the Elite 4 and I beat Lance with my Kingler. I was playing while in the bathroom so I wasn't paying a ton of attention to the game after the last hit, but the next time I looked down I'm outside the Indigo Plateau. I walk back in, wondering what happened, and decide to fight the Elite 4 again. As soon as I enter Lorelei's room, a text box appears of what she says upon defeat. The door to Bruno is open so I go in and fight him. All is normal, and I fight Agatha next and win with no problem. When I enter Lance's room, the text box of his pre-fight dialogue comes up immediately (still on the stairs from Agatha's room) ad the fight begins. Again, all is normal, and his post-fight text box appears upon defeat. I then walk up and he doesn't want to fight, so I go beat Gary and Oak congratulates me and all has been normal since that.

I've been heavily abusing the Mew glitch and the Missingno. item duplication this playthrough, but have not used a gameshark. Has anyone heard of something like this or does anyone know a possible reason for it?
---
She went after her kids with super love, they turned into drugs. - LastManStanding
#2lloyd0117Posted 12/17/2013 8:13:05 AM
the missingno thing can mess up your game depending on what version of that thing appears....gunbladelad has first hand experiece of cartridge corruption. you might wanna do more research on gen 1 missingno. and there a difference between missingno and M if you didnt know.
---
"when I'm in the process of doing something, I do it not because I think it's worth doing, but because I'm trying to MAKE it worth doing."
#3hamsandwich3141(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 3:18:06 PM
lloyd0117 posted...
the missingno thing can mess up your game depending on what version of that thing appears....gunbladelad has first hand experiece of cartridge corruption. you might wanna do more research on gen 1 missingno. and there a difference between missingno and M if you didnt know.

Yes, I'm aware of the difference between M' and Missingno. I used a default name so I actually cannot encounter M' on the Cinnabar coast. I asked over at GlitchCity as well and it was suggested that it might be some version of the Trainer/Fly glitch involving a corrupted battle with Lance.
---
She went after her kids with super love, they turned into drugs. - LastManStanding
#4froggy25Posted 12/19/2013 5:44:00 PM
Seems like a 0 error-like

Did you use Fly to escape from a battle before that ?
#5hamsandwich3141(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 11:17:10 AM
froggy25 posted...
Seems like a 0 error-like

Did you use Fly to escape from a battle before that ?

No, I had just been fighting the Elite 4 over and over for experience. I did experience 0 ERROR once though.
---