Any glitches or tricks to reach Surge?

#1Kastro187420Posted 2/6/2014 4:27:50 PM
I'm not playing on a ROM, so I can't just use cheats to get through the door. I'm at the point where I'm just going to stop playing altogether. I just spent the better part of 20 minutes trying to crack the code to his door, and gave up.

I even tried the save-trick where you trip the first lock, save, then try each lock next to it, restarting if you get the wrong one, and apparently that doesn't work either because every trash can next to it is empty when you try that.

I'm just at a loss as to what to do. I'm not going to continue playing this guessing game. I mean, I've already got Cut, and as far as I know, there is nothing Surge gives you that makes it so that you have to beat him, so I'm pretty sure I can just skip his gym until I'm ready to fight the Elite Four.

So does anyone know of any fool-proof tricks to crack the code? I'd like to continue playing, but I'd just as soon stop playing altogether rather than deal with this annoyance.
---
PSN - Kastro187420 - Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do.
#2GunbladeladPosted 2/7/2014 6:33:54 AM
OK, what to do is save inside his gym - with luck it will store where the first lock is before you pick it.

Simply check for the first lock then pick one of the adjacent trash cans - if it's wrong then reload and try again. I know, it's annoying to go through this, but you'll get through eventually.

Anyway - in simple steps;

1. Enter Surge's gym and beat all the trainers.
2. Save the game
3. Look for the trashcan with the first lock and remember its position.
4. Pick a trashcan for the second lock.
5. If incorrect, reload your save and go to step 3. If correct go & beat Surge
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#3Kastro187420(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 8:49:37 PM
Yeah, I finally tried again today and got it after about 4 or 5 mins of trying. Hardest part of his gym. He wasn't even that bad. My Weepinbell at level 24 took the gym easy. It was just getting to him that sucked :(
---
PSN - Kastro187420 - Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do.