Freezing at New Game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Blue Version
  3. Freezing at New Game?

User Info: Kirby127

Kirby127
2 years ago#1
So, I bought a copy of blue a little while ago and started it up to see if it worked. There was a save file so I clicked on it and decided to walk around for a bit. He was in Vermilion and every thing was fine except when I opened the box or tried to open the menu it would freeze. I then decided to do new game and it just froze at the text box with oak and played ghastly`s cry. At this point I figured the battery was dead so I decided to replace it. Remove the old one, put a new one in with the electrical tape method, and hit new game. Still did the same thing.

Essentially, I have the same problem as this guy> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDO2Q_3-Pb0

I`ve been searching around the internet for a day now and found nothing except people who are having the same problem but haven`t fixed it. Any idea what`s wrong? Should I try soldering the new battery instead or is there just something wrong with cart?
PSN: Looming_Darkness||Gamertag: Kionea
Yay!

User Info: froggy25

froggy25
2 years ago#2
Did you try the select down B ? It actually 00s the SRAM so if there's a problem with the cart, there's a chance it would crash or freeze when attempting to reset the SRAM.

That or the EEPROM has been damaged.

User Info: Kirby127

Kirby127
2 years ago#3
Did you mean select+up+b? I tried that and it froze with a looping music track. I assume that means the memory is busted?
PSN: Looming_Darkness||Gamertag: Kionea
Yay!

User Info: froggy25

froggy25
2 years ago#4
Yep.

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad
2 years ago#5
I wound up with the same issue myself long ago on my original copy of Blue thanks to Missingno. Don't worry though, that cartridge never went back into circulation.
R.I.P. Throwback Mode - 23rd April 2014 - We miss you.
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Blue Version
  3. Freezing at New Game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived