Your opinion on best Digimon game?

#1UberDataPosted 4/14/2010 9:32:17 AM
I'm planning to give this type of game a shot, but with most reviews being poor I was wondering what your guys opinions are on which game is best in the series.
---
"Starkle Starkle little twink...now it's time that you guys SINK!!!" - Gilgamesh, FFV
#2stingwraithPosted 4/14/2010 8:59:49 PM
Out of this, DW2, and DW3, I'd say it's this one, simply because it's a unique experience. DW2 and 3 are standard RPG fare, and that's been handled a lot better elsewhere. DW3 isn't bad but the second game is pretty awful.

---
Why aren't I drinking today? Why don't you shut up before I get so angry I need a drink?
#3Jackz_GuyzPosted 4/14/2010 9:33:27 PM
Digimon Digital Card Battle has a high replay value and gameplay fun.
It is a very good game.
---
Please open this link guys... Thanks.
http://www.clubcooee.com/signup/b/928d435e9f24.d045c5
#4Med_Jai(Moderator)Posted 4/15/2010 5:19:54 AM
Most of them are good in their own way but there was never another Digimon World game made just like this one.
---
Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
#5Paladin_DannyPosted 4/15/2010 6:24:13 AM
For a more smaller but more unique experiance: Definately play Digimon World

For a bigger experiance with many many digimon: Digimon World Dawn and Dusk

Both great Digimon games

---
Kefka fanboy -~-
-~- Kefka: "Sephiroth's just another sadist with a God complex, like that's something special!"
#6RelvamonPosted 4/15/2010 9:22:37 PM

Digimon DS games are mostly fail, probably because they mimic the gameplay of most Pokemon games. I'll probably play Digimon World DS if I could choose amongst all the Digimon DS games.

DW1 is one of its kind, as original as it can get (from the original Pendulum keychain). Even though the digivolutions might seem weird, they are the closest to the true/original digivolution (before DW2/DW3 made more popular/fanboy lines). Unlike most other RPG games, DW1 gives you the freedom of choice. You can do whatever you want, when you want, so there is no 'one correct way' to follow.

I would probably play DW3 also, since it's a much bigger world compared to DW1 and the gym features of DW3 are pure win. You don't have to catch them like Pogeymans and unlocking different Digimon with your levels is rather nice too. I guess I like both DW1 and DW3 equally.

#7MintyDreams7Posted 4/16/2010 7:21:37 AM
This was the only Digimon game that I've played which has been most true to Digimon's roots.
Probably because it was made before the Digimon anime series came into existence, and every game afterwards seemed to cater almost exclusively to the anime's weird canon.
That's fine for most people, but I am a fan of the Digimon as they were orginally: Keychain virtual pets.
This is why Digimon World was the best Digimon game for me.

---
-First things first, but not necessarily in that order.-
-Everything we've ever stolen has been lost, returned or broken-
#8HeavenwargodPosted 4/16/2010 12:44:19 PM
My favorites were Digimon World 3, Digimon World, and Digimon Digital Card Battle in no particular order. Those three were really fun.

Digimon World 2 is horrible.
---
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS - Takamachi Nanoha Exceed Mode and Fate T. Harlaown Sonic Form by Alter
#9Jackz_GuyzPosted 4/16/2010 10:09:08 PM
DW 2 wan't too horrible.
It got many Digimons varieties, and will took you a good chunk of 50 hours if you can be patient to complete it.

But yeah, seeing those same animation again and again with the slow battle sequence is horibble.
---
Please open this link guys... Thanks.
http://www.clubcooee.com/signup/b/928d435e9f24.d045c5
#10ProminencePosted 4/17/2010 6:52:54 PM
This game is timelessly unique.

I love the obscure detail in the environments. It's nowhere near as black and white as pokemon, leaving it difficult to discern obstructions from items from sheer decorations.

Play it. It's not an overly easy game either.
---
In the fishtank