my digimon die so young, i dont know why...

#1SilphyzillaPosted 11/5/2012 11:56:38 PM
My metalmamemon just died at age 14, I have no idea why he died so young, but I can't really get any of my digimon to live past age 15, even though I've read in several places that ultimates should live until 20-ish.

Here's some info about metalmamemon and how he was raised before his untimely death.

He had zero care mistakes ( save stating to avoid all mistakes, including sweat drops)

The champion level digimon ( can't remember, maybe Leo Mon?) Pooped once and turned into sukamon, I quickly changed him back. I did this intentionally because supposedly it increases the lifespan on the digimon (in the FAQ topic)

My Leo Mon evolved into mamemon, and I took him to the factory to evolve him to metalmamemon (again I expected this would increase his lifespan)

His stats were not perfect, but they were very high, I used the digitamamon trick on him for a bit, this also maxed out his happiness and discipline, and brought his weight up to about 60( not Max but certainly higher than his weight should be)

He ate mostly at the restaurant, or training veggies, he was never in any battles either.

He died at age 14 so I reloaded and fed him some digiseabass to get some extra time, however he died at almost the exact same time, so I reloaded again and fed him 4 digiseabass, this kept him alive for about 8-12 extra hours, but that was it.

Please tell me how to make my digimon live longer!
#2akosihPosted 11/6/2012 6:41:22 PM
what i do is i make sure i rest in the clinic after training or fighting too long
i made up a personal point system
hp/mp 1.5 pts
off/def/spd/brn 1 pt
fighting 0.3 pts
whenever i get 5 pts, i take a rest in centarumon's (twice if i'm training all day)
but i never got passed at age 18 (if i remember correctly)
except of course if i use DSB, i could easily get to age 21-24
i would also like to know how a digimon can reach age 20+ w/ out feeding it lifespan extensions
#3gabunxexPosted 11/8/2012 10:56:42 AM
If you're telling the truth then let's try a non-conventional approach.

Keep the discipline gauge around positive 30% to 50%. I never let discipline fill up to 100% (except when I tried getting Airdra from Birdra, I reduced it right away) coz the Digimon obeys you in battle anyway if it has high Brains.

About that personal point system above, it's too "safe" for me. I could go 8hrs HP/MP training or 10hrs with the others before I rest thru Centarumon (it *has* to be Centarumon), then just waste the rest of the day picking fungus.

I never had Ultimate Digimon die below 14. Do your Champions digivolve too young because of the Digitamamon cheat?
#4Silphyzilla(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 12:28:40 PM
My champion digivolve at around age 11 I think that's normal.
I just raised a meramon, who became an andromon. I did not use the digitamamon trick because I ran out of money last time.

He didn't get the near perfect treatment that metalmamemon did, and he pooped a few times(agumon needs care mistakes to become meramon...) so I wasn't expecting him to live very long anyways, he also died at 14 (possibly 15 because he died right after he had slept the night)

I'm going to try lowering the discipline, andromon also had nearly perfect discipline like metalmamemon did.

Other then that I really don't know what the problem could be. Could it be related to poor treatment of previous digimon?( the digimon before mamemon were treated very badly, as I was just trying to quickly fill in the digimon chart) Or because I never take them to battle?
#5Silphyzilla(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 2:13:16 PM
So I just raised another meramon>andromon

Didn't bother getting care mistakes and agumon became meramon anyways.
I realized I had been misusing the training veggies ( the veggie needs to be the last thing you eat or it won't work). He got a few sweat bubbles (4-5) but otherwise I let him rest quite often (mostly once a day, twice a day two times).

And he died as soon as he woke up at age 14 =(

I guess I'm going to have to just stock up on a ton of sea bass from now on.=/
#6EphameraPosted 11/16/2012 6:35:20 PM
That's strange. My ultimate dies in average 16 - 18 without life extending items.

The longest one I had was Metalmamemon from remodelling Mamemon that I gave many DSBes and he lived up to 24.
---
It's not about something you can get by just a crying...
#7DarkDragon386Posted 11/16/2012 6:53:01 PM
-Getting sweat bubbles lowers lifespan
-Digi -> Sukamon -> Digi has a chance to increase lifespan, but it decreases it when he evolves to Suka, so it may have reduced it more than it increased it
-I think max happiness and minimum discipline leads to the longest life span

Otherwise, I don't know how to help you. I usually have my ultimates die around 18-20. The game just likes to be random and screw you sometimes.

My champion used to always die at the 11 mark cause I overworked it
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#8HarceruPosted 11/17/2012 2:53:13 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
-Getting sweat bubbles lowers lifespan
-Digi -> Sukamon -> Digi has a chance to increase lifespan, but it decreases it when he evolves to Suka, so it may have reduced it more than it increased it
-I think max happiness and minimum discipline leads to the longest life span

Otherwise, I don't know how to help you. I usually have my ultimates die around 18-20. The game just likes to be random and screw you sometimes.

My champion used to always die at the 11 mark cause I overworked it

First and third are false.
---
Signature.
#9EphameraPosted 11/22/2012 7:48:39 AM
Personally I avoid pooping on the ground when I need care mistake. I don't want to dirty Digimon World with it. I'd rather not feeding or go to sleep 3 hours after zzzz... pop up on my digimon's head.

Just curious, did you feed your digimon devil chip ?
---
It's not about something you can get by just a crying...
#10DKmagicianPosted 12/8/2012 12:04:52 PM
I don't get what are you doing wrong. My ultimate always die at age 19, almost always 1 hour after waking up in that day. Only use DSB when I want to beat a tournament and he dies before he can enter it.

Here's what I do:
- Training: 5-7 hours, then rest; train until the end of the day. Doesn't get tired this way if I feed him Sirloin or restaurant.
- Only feed him when he asks for it.
- Never pop the ground.
- Care mistakes only when needed to evolve the ultimate I want.
- Actually never worried too much about discipline or happiness. While accomplishing lines above they both raise to max.

Yes, it is normal to evolve at age 11.

"I would also like to know how a digimon can reach age 20+ w/ out feeding it lifespan extensions"
Evolve to ultimate.
Evolve to sukamon as soon as possible. Let him live until day 18.
Your ultimate will now survive until he is aged 23 ou 24 without using lifespan itens.