This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Marker mod?

#1MelhisedekPosted 6/3/2009 12:39:02 AM
Is there perhaps a marker mod that will point you to your next quest like in Fallout and Oblivion?
---
"Love can die, but Power is forever !!!"
#2BeriornPosted 6/3/2009 1:09:34 AM
No. This is Morrowind, it requires you to find your destination through shotty descriptions.
---
"Oh yeah!"
~ Lucius the Eternal on most things.
#3ItchyFleaPosted 6/3/2009 1:35:13 AM
I'll put it this way, do you get a marker pointing you in the right direction when driving your car in real life? Does a marker appear when you're in the supermarket buying food? NO, it doesn't.

I know this is a game, but at least it retains some measure of reality. If you can't find a place from a description, then you obviously didn't look hard enough. Or didn't follow the directions.
I know the descriptions are pretty crap in some places, but thats life. People in real life can never give exacting directions, so why would you expect a game to?

Even though this game is quite old, the developers seems to have taken a bit of time and made the game realistic (Within the fantasy of it)

I personally dislike games the point to where you're meant to go. It ruins the challenge of the game.

Thats the end of my rant. I'm not aiming this at the topic starter, so don't think i'm trying to attack you or whatever the current 'net lingo is. (Flame?) I'm simply trying to point out that not everything in life is easy.

---
Eat well, stay fit, die anyway... Get the message?
"Life is short" - No it's not, its the longest thing anyone can do. Other than ''Exist''.
#4BeriornPosted 6/3/2009 2:39:02 AM
In Morrowind it's a lot harder to travel from your current position to your destination in a straight line than it is in Oblivion. Mostly because of the mountains in the middle of the island, where Cyrodiil only has a bay in the middle.
---
"Oh yeah!"
~ Lucius the Eternal on most things.
#5Melhisedek(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2009 3:14:59 AM
Thanks fellows!

My first contact with Bethesda games was Fallout3 than I tried Oblivion as I love the setting. Fallout was much, much better.

So naturally I tried Morrowind as well. Sadly I got used to marker mod and Morrowind didn't have one. But when you put it in that perspective I can understand why some people like it that way :)

Thank you folks!
---
#6ItchyFleaPosted 6/3/2009 4:43:52 AM
I just re-read my post and realize that I sounded like an *******.
It wasn't meant to sound that way at all, but it seems that you realized that as well.

I apologize for the way it sounded.

---
Eat well, stay fit, die anyway... Get the message?
"Life is short" - No it's not, its the longest thing anyone can do. Other than ''Exist''.
#7Melhisedek(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2009 5:52:11 AM
No worries mate :)
---