The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Install order for official patches, plugins, and fan patches?

#1MazryonhPosted 5/21/2010 7:49:33 AM
After years of not playing Morrowind in favour of other RPGs, I've decided to come back to my old non-GOTY copy and two expansion packs. I'd like to know what the ideal installation order for the original game's patches, expansion pack patches, and fan patches should be.

Should it be:

1) Original game
2) Original game's patches
3) Original game's Official Plug-Ins (except for Adamantium Armour, since that's covered by Tribunal)
4) Tribunal
5) Tribunal Patches
6) Bloodmoon
7) Bloodmoon Patches
8) Morrowind Code Patch
9) Morrowind Graphics Extender

Please keep in mind that my copy of the original game, as well as both the expansion packs, are NOT the "Game of the Year" versions.
---
In the name of gaming quality, I post this link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZQEvg1V0Y
#2Kir__KanosPosted 5/21/2010 11:03:22 AM
This is how I did it:
1.Morrowind
2.Tribunal
3.Bloodmoon
4.Then checked for updates, downloaded it and it patched to the newest version.
5.Official Plugins
6. Morrowind Code Patch
7. Morrowind Graphics Extender

Really though, once you go through 1-2-3-4 the rest can go in any order.
---
"What part of 'Phnglui mglw'nafl Cthulhu r'lyeh w'gah nagl fhtagn' don't you understand?"
#3black spiderPosted 5/21/2010 1:56:14 PM
I believe the order is as follows.

1) Morrowind
2) Tribunal
3) Bloodmoon
4) The Bloodmoon v1.6 patch
5) Morrowind Code Patch / MGE (they don't care about each other)
6) Any other extensions that modify the Morrowind.exe file (they have to come after MCP)
7) Morrowind Patch Project plugin
8) Official plugings
9) Your own stuff.

3) Original game's Official Plug-Ins (except for Adamantium Armour, since that's covered by Tribunal)
This isn't quite the case. The official adamantium armor plugin adds some actual suits of adamantium to the game. Tribunal merely gives you the option of having it crafted. There's no conflict, to my knowledge, in running the plugin together with Tribunal. I've done it for years.
#4KhMER SRPosted 5/21/2010 5:48:58 PM
1.Morrowind
2.Tribunal
3.Bloodmoon
4. Bloodmoon patch 1.6.1820 (not sure about exact number but its 1.6 something)
5. Patch Project, Code Patch, MGE in any order after first four steps. Doesn't matter. I've installed them in multiple waays on different machines.

If you plan on using the official Bethesda plugins it is a good idea to clean the dirty GMST's out of them. This tutorial will explain that:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Tutorials.Detail&id=58
#5Mazryonh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2010 9:44:58 PM
Okay, tried installing it with Bloodmoon 1.6, along with both Fan Patches. Oddly enough I've been attacked once by a Dark Brotherhood Assassin and was killed, but after I reloaded, no attacks have occurred since. I hope this isn't the sign of a bug, because I'd hate to be locked out of Tribunal . . .
---
#6black spiderPosted 5/25/2010 1:31:42 AM
Oddly enough I've been attacked once by a Dark Brotherhood Assassin and was killed, but after I reloaded, no attacks have occurred since. I hope this isn't the sign of a bug, because I'd hate to be locked out of Tribunal . . .
The attacks are somewhat random. That being said, you can always spawn a db assassin to trigger the journal entry. Obviously, you could also simply spawn the journal entry directly, which would have the same effect. In other words, you'll never risk being locked out of Tribunal.
#7Mazryonh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2010 9:48:36 AM
Still waiting for another Dark Brotherhood attack, but where can I download the MGE without having to register for a site or something?
---
#8black spiderPosted 5/27/2010 12:31:46 PM
http://sourceforge.net/projects/morrgraphext/
#9Mazryonh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2010 5:32:46 PM
Thanks for the link, but before I could get a copy of the MGE, something rather untoward happened. I was able to play just fine with the Patch Project and Code Patch just a day ago, but now the main launcher spits me back out every time with "missing file" warnings. Here's just a sample before I got tired of pressing "Enter":

Unknown Žyv6_ID in ConstructObject.
DataHandler: unrecognized form
Look in the Warnings.txt file for more info.
Could not find sound 'wind calm1' in load for region 'Mournhold Region'.
Could not find sound 'wind calm2' in load for region 'Mournhold Region'.
Could not find sound 'wind calm3' in load for region 'Mournhold Region'.
Could not find sound 'wind calm4' in load for region 'Mournhold Region'.
Could not find sound 'wind trees4' in load for region 'Mournhold Region'.
Unable to find Region 'Ascadian Isles Region' in Load for Cell 'Vivec, Temple'.
Unable to find Region 'Ascadian Isles Region' in Load for Cell 'Ebonheart'.
Unable to find Region 'Bitter Coast Region' in Load for Cell 'Seyda Neen'.
Unable to find Region 'Bitter Coast Region' in Load for Cell 'Seyda Neen'.
Unable to find Region 'Bitter Coast Region' in Load for Cell 'Wilderness'.
Unable to find Region 'West Gash Region' in Load for Cell 'Wilderness'.
Unable to locate Ownership NPC 'alusaron' for object 'chest_small_02_gold_50' in Cell 'Mournhold, Craftsmen's Hall'.
Missing object "centurion_steam_dead" for reference during cell "Mournhold, Ignatius Flaccus' House" load.
Missing object "a shady smuggler" for reference during cell "Mournhold, Royal Palace" load.
Missing object "Imperial Guard" for reference during cell "Mournhold, Royal Palace: Legion Depot" load.
Missing object "Imperial Guard" for reference during cell "Mournhold, Royal Palace: Legion Depot" load.
Missing object "imperial guard captain" for reference during cell "Mournhold, Royal Palace: Legion Depot" load.

And I haven't even installed anything other than the code patch, patch project, and Bloodmoon 1.6. I hope this doesn't mean I have to re-install everything and start over again . . .
---
#10black spiderPosted 5/28/2010 7:04:20 AM
First of all, you'll want to open Morrowind.ini and find the line that says "AllowYesToAll=0" and change that 0 to 1. This makes it possible to simply press "yes to all" and be done with it. If there's no such line then insert it under [general]

That being said, it sure looks like something ****ed your data files, or at least messed with Morrowind's access to the game resources. Did you activate any mods beyond the code patch and the patch project?

Are you playing on Windows Vista and if so, did you install the game under c:\program files\BethSoft\Morrowind or something like that? If you did, try deactivating UAC, just to be sure it isn't simply a case of the OS disagreeing with the modded Morrowind executable.