This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with a character build...

#1LilispherePosted 4/6/2012 8:28:36 PM
Not using any mods to alter stats etc... Just stock.

Anyways I'm using the Uvirith's Legacy and Rise of House Telvanni for this character. So I want to use magic. Though I don't want to rely on it completely. Spellsword/Battlemage I guess.

I want to max as many stats as I can so what do you think a good build for that type of character be? Would I want to leave magic skills as a miscellaneous skill so I can max out Intelligence and stats and the like with trainers?

I want to be able to hold alot of loot as well. Thanks.
---
#2ChocolatlPosted 4/6/2012 9:22:42 PM
Put the skills you'll rely on most as your majors and minors.
If you put them in miscellaneous, not only will you take literally forever to level up, but you'll die practically every two minutes.
---
The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.
#3Lilisphere(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2012 10:23:33 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Lilisphere(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2012 10:23:57 PM
Anyone?
---
#5ferret hurlerPosted 4/8/2012 10:56:32 AM
Desperation doesn't suit a battlemage.

Erm, maxing out all of your stats involves a whole lot of planning relevant to your specific build, of which pretty much nobody (my retail-shortcircuited ass in particular) is going to want to help you with. But, ideally you want one major and one minor for each attribute you really want to max out (In your case, strength and intelligence), and then just shill out for training for the misc skills with attributes you want. Don't stress out about trying to get all 100's, by the time you do you'll be in your 50's in levels, which is high enough that Bloodmoon is barely a challenge.

At the end of the day though, really all the fun of this game comes down to figuring out what actually does work in the game's engine. I could tell you how to make a badass battlemage, but then you'd practically be running around playing my character. The reward is greater when you figure out all the little nuances on your own, and make all the decisions for your character, yourself. That being said, Spear, Heavy Armor and Alteration (high duration, low magnitude jump spell) with a smattering of acrobatics and a brew-it-yourself restore fatigue is the ****.
---
Brawl FC: 3866-7694-8947
Name: 11111
#6bionicman_3090Posted 4/9/2012 12:51:44 AM
One piece of advice I can offer is to rely on Melee weapon as your primary until you get your spell accuracy and damage high enough to make a difference in battle. The vanilla Marrowind has stupid "costs" for being a Mage. If you fail at casting a spell, you end up using the Mana which is a pretty high number. It'll leave you defenseless.

You'll need Str and Intelligence and a character and Birth sign that offers plenty of Mana right from the start.
---
"Take your best shot, Flatlander woman". JC Denton.