This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New to Morrowind, advancing in factions?

#11KhMER SRPosted 2/4/2013 5:36:47 PM
I thought Skyrim Thieves Guild was one of the better faction story lines in the game. Didn't have the whole Robin Hood vibe that they did in MW & OB. Granted I haven't done any of the DLCs yet because I no longer have a PC capable of running Skyrim.
---
The ruling king is armored head to toe in brilliant flame. He is redeemed by each act he undertakes. His death is only a diagram back to the waking world.
#12KaushadPosted 2/4/2013 6:53:42 PM
I thought Skyrim Thieves Guild was one of the better faction story lines in the game. Didn't have the whole Robin Hood vibe that they did in MW & OB. Granted I haven't done any of the DLCs yet because I no longer have a PC capable of running Skyrim.

Just read the article... it will make you dislike the guild.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaushad/
#13KhMER SRPosted 2/6/2013 5:10:17 AM
Article is just some dudes opinion which is just as irrelevant and influencing as mine is. I'm not going to waste time reading some long winded rant.
---
The ruling king is armored head to toe in brilliant flame. He is redeemed by each act he undertakes. His death is only a diagram back to the waking world.
#14KaushadPosted 2/6/2013 2:00:11 PM
KhMER SR posted...
Article is just some dudes opinion which is just as irrelevant and influencing as mine is. I'm not going to waste time reading some long winded rant.

He makes some good points though: (spoilers obviously)
Why didn't karliah shoot mercer instead of you, and capture him?
Why does a Thieves guild have a vault?
Why does the skeleton key open all locks for mercer, but not for you?
Why does karliah go to the twilight sepulcher directly after she says she cant face nocturnal?
Why do they immediately assume you are a thief?
Why does Mavon insist on sending the dark brotherhood after you, if you are a member?
Why does the archmage in markath copy his translation of the falmer language on a big stone tablet?
Why does mercer, instead of sneaking when you are companions, go yeman and run into combat?
Why in the main quest do you never ACTUALLY steal anything?
How did the mead you just poisoned in a giant vat get magically telleported next door?
Why does the captain of the guard give the meadery owner a life sentence, when you can go on a killing spree, and pay a little gold and be home for lunch?
Where are the other Chests worth of loot that mercer stole?
Karliah disappeared for 20 years, and the plan she thought out was to... Translate a diary and show it to the guild... On that note...
Why does the guild accept a translated diary, easily forged, as proof?
and a dictionary worth of others.
---
#157Nitro7Blazer7Posted 2/6/2013 2:46:37 PM
The one thing the thieves guild did have was the "restoring the guild to former glory" bit. And this is coming from someone who really likes the Nightingale armour.

The article is great, the one thing I disagree with is the whole guild accepting the diary as proof. To me, it seemed like they were skeptical, but decided "might as well open the vault to see if she's telling the truth."
---
I'm a real Porcupine and I have sharp Quills!
The Infamous Cap'n Ennbeard!
#16turn_basedPosted 2/6/2013 10:44:57 PM
Not a bad article.

Just makes me wish essential npc was a toggle so I could wreck the ratway rightaway!

He did make some very, very valid points regarding the writing. TG in Skyrim is the worst.

"Okay Nocturnal, I give you my soul you give me an underpowered star wars knock-off suit. Deal."

Nah, my friend, no deal. Bad, bad, bad...
---
Redguards Rule!
#17KaushadPosted 2/7/2013 5:35:49 AM
That is what I thought too, but you being the dragon born will have your soul transferred by akantosh.
---