This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what are the sidequests that will glitch/stop the main quest?

#1apollooooPosted 2/5/2013 7:30:35 AM
i read in uesp that one of the mage's guild quest kill one of the essential character , so do i must do the main quest first before doing the side things?

i'm already halfway trough the mainquest and done some sidequest. currently level 16 and my journal's all filled with sidequests. i want to get rid of them but afraid if some of these quest will ruin the MQ
---
Love is a kiss of a terminal bliss. from the smile on your face, to the line you rephrase will guide you to your love.
your love is a kiss, my undying wish
#2Kir__KanosPosted 2/5/2013 9:31:44 AM
None really you'll be fine.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9e7M1.jpg
#3SilentOraclePosted 2/5/2013 9:55:03 AM
There IS a quest to kill all high-ranking Telvanni leaders, given to you by the head of Mages Guild. But that guy is clearly insane, so you would be crazy to accept it, given how stupidly hard that would be. You can ignore that thing altogether without any drawbacks.
---
Waiting eagerly for the next video game industry crash.
3D is a fad, realistic graphics are a waste of resources.
#4sphanlonPosted 2/5/2013 10:18:00 AM
Don't do any writs for the Grandmaster of the Morag Tong. There's a note on the Morag Tong page at UESP. From the wording, I'm not sure if it's warning you not to or saying the game won't let you start the quests.
#5sphanlonPosted 2/5/2013 10:22:11 AM
Sorry, the'y're actually writs you get after becoming grandmaster, not from the grandmaster.
#6GhostlyCrowPosted 2/5/2013 10:27:01 PM
^you don't get those until you beat the main quest.
---
Whichever mod delete my posts [...] is pretty smug for a volunteer. He probably tells girls that he's a gamefaqs moderator ~ Drunk_Quid
#7spweaselPosted 2/6/2013 5:27:03 AM
That Mage's Guild Quest supposedly doesn't show up until after you've beaten the game, either.
#8apolloooo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:48:55 AM
i see. thanks guys! now i can do my adventures in peace
---
Love is a kiss of a terminal bliss. from the smile on your face, to the line you rephrase will guide you to your love.
your love is a kiss, my undying wish
#9anilEhilatedPosted 2/6/2013 1:11:17 PM
That Mage's Guild Quest supposedly doesn't show up until after you've beaten the game, either.

It does. I believe all you need to get it is solving the disappearance of the dwarves, which only requires Mages' Guild quests.
---
For who could ever...?
#10spweaselPosted 2/6/2013 3:16:03 PM
I'm just going by what UESP's wiki page for the quest says.

I've never turned in the Dwarf quest before beating the game, since there's little reason to be messing around out there if you aren't pretty much ready to end the Main Quest anyways. You'd certainly be going way out of your way to finish it before doing the branch of the Main Quest where the Telvanni are needed.