This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Modding morrowind (what to use)

#1Ruzz9Posted 2/7/2013 4:44:57 PM
I was looking into using just MSGO I think it's called would that be suggested for someone coming back to Morrowind for such a long time? After playing Skyrim the world just feels dead and I've been dying to go back to Morrowind and now it's time and wanted to just get a few mods to fix bugs/graphics/etc. (also what options on this install would you guys suggest it seems like it offers a lot but I don't want to imbalance)
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: RichRuzz
#2TerantatekPosted 2/7/2013 7:12:47 PM
MGSO 3.0
abotwhereareallthebirdsgoing?
Travelling Merchants
Living Cities
Julan, Ashlander Companion
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#3DemiversePosted 2/10/2013 10:02:51 PM
MGSO is all bugfixes and texture replacers. It doesn't add any new "content", so you don't need to worry about game balance. It doesn't include any mods that alter gameplay at all - that is left to the discretion of the individual player (a wise choice, I might add).

If you want additional content/new landmasses, Tamriel Rebuilt is #1 in this territory.

Really, MGSO is all you need unless there's specific gameplay-oriented mods you're interested in. Some people hate the vanilla leveling system, and would probably recommend something like Galsiah's Character Development or Madd Leveler. I won't vouch for those personally though.
---
"When a man cannot get what he wants in one world, he finds it in another." -Voltaire
#4TerantatekPosted 2/11/2013 3:47:19 PM
Demiverse posted...
MGSO is all bugfixes and texture replacers. It doesn't add any new "content", so you don't need to worry about game balance. It doesn't include any mods that alter gameplay at all - that is left to the discretion of the individual player (a wise choice, I might add).

If you want additional content/new landmasses, Tamriel Rebuilt is #1 in this territory.

Really, MGSO is all you need unless there's specific gameplay-oriented mods you're interested in. Some people hate the vanilla leveling system, and would probably recommend something like Galsiah's Character Development or Madd Leveler. I won't vouch for those personally though.

Incorrect, MGSO3.0 adds content such as mini jobs. Etc Mebestian in Pelagiad. It adds a quest to.become his assistant.
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#5DemiversePosted 2/11/2013 9:01:41 PM
Really? What mod adds that? I couldn't find anything in MGSO's Credits.

http://www.ornitocopter.net/mo_wiki/index.php?title=Credits#Included_Mods_.28In_alphabetical_order.29
---
"When a man cannot get what he wants in one world, he finds it in another." -Voltaire