This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is stealth in this game as fun as Skyrim?

#1ItsYerBoyPosted 3/23/2013 7:31:12 PM
Morrowind is easily the better game, of course. But stealth is one thing that Skyrim definitely got right in my opinion. I've never played a stealth character in Morrowind. Is the stealth experience in this game as rewarding as it is in Skyrim?
---
http://www.reverbnation.com/Rasty
http://www.twitter.com/RastySaysHi
#2Kir__KanosPosted 3/23/2013 11:42:19 PM
Really? Skyrim got stealth right? The sneaking in Skyrim is abysmal as no level is designed for it - skyrim just isn't a stealth based game. The only thing it's good for is setting up sneak attacks with a bow.

That being said, Morrowind's stealth is even worse. Make an illusion mage with chameleon and don't bother with the sneak skill at all.
---
http://i.imgur.com/9e7M1.jpg
#3johnsonalec41Posted 3/24/2013 4:23:47 PM
I thought Oblivion had the best stealth.
---
Tetris reminds me of sex. Stuff connects, things build up, the pace quickens and then a weird noise is made and GAME OVER...
#4SolKarellenPosted 3/24/2013 7:00:27 PM
I still don't understand when you get EXP for the stealth skill in Morrowind. I always trained that one for advancement.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#5DemiversePosted 3/24/2013 7:21:21 PM
Stealth is pretty horrendous in Morrowind if you don't apply certain bugfixes and supplement the physical skill with utilitarian magic. A little bit of Chameleon goes a long way, for instance.
---
"Don't blame me, blame society!" -Carl Johnson
#6NingishzidaPosted 3/24/2013 7:31:32 PM
If you want to play a stealth game, then play Thief series or Deus Ex.

TES sucks for stealth, Oblivion was a joke broken stealth. I walked into a tavern and was stealthed, fired an arrow at point blank at a Bosmer's head, sending him flying back. No one in the tavern reacted, only a piece of cheese fell of the side of a table.
#7MarikhenPosted 3/30/2013 9:43:01 AM
If you want to play a stealth game, then play Thief series or Deus Ex.

TES sucks for stealth, Oblivion was a joke broken stealth. I walked into a tavern and was stealthed, fired an arrow at point blank at a Bosmer's head, sending him flying back. No one in the tavern reacted, only a piece of cheese fell of the side of a table.

In and of itself stealth in Oblivion doesn't seem to me to be too broken if you use it as-is without mods, but when you mix it with a bit of chameleon things get ugly. With just 60% chameleon my character's damn near invisible to most things, but without it if I'm in LoS of most mobs they can see me just fine in lighted areas.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#8LilispherePosted 4/1/2013 2:15:29 AM
I liked Oblivions stealth.

But I think Morrowind's stealth aspect pretty much sucked, as much as I love Morrowind.
---
#9turn_basedPosted 4/3/2013 8:02:44 AM
Kir__Kanos posted...
Really? Skyrim got stealth right? The sneaking in Skyrim is abysmal as no level is designed for it - skyrim just isn't a stealth based game. The only thing it's good for is setting up sneak attacks with a bow.

That being said, Morrowind's stealth is even worse. Make an illusion mage with chameleon and don't bother with the sneak skill at all.

Hmm, strange opinion/experience you've had there, I can't possibly imagine how much or rather how little of Skyrim you've actually played.

I've cleared Embershard Mine numerous times by melee sneak attacking, (without being detected once,) too many times to count.

And that's just one of many, many places.

Out of the last 3 titles, stealth is not only viable in Skyrim, it is without a doubt the most overpowered.

Agree with Morrowind's stealth, it's deplorable.
#10Misdreavus573Posted 4/3/2013 10:36:54 AM
Morrowind's stealth isn't too great, and at lower levels actually feels broken.

I didn't have a problem with Oblivion or Skyrim's stealth though, although it's no Metal Gear Solid...