This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console ADDITEM not working for me, please help!

#1HydroCannabinolPosted 6/2/2013 9:07:22 PM
Hi Im trying to add any sort of clothing to NPCs and I get the error line 1 not found or whatever syscommand..

WHen I do additem "skeleton_key" 1 it works just fine.

if I do:

additem "common_shirt_1" 1 it will never work.. same with common_robe_1 and expensive_robe_1 and common_skirt etc.

Mainly what I want to do is remove NPCs clothing and change it with something else etc. YOu can't remove it for some reason or disintegrate them so I can't figure out how to change the looks of NPCs/followers etc.

Not sure if the overhaul mod I'm using has anything to do with it. Help!!
---
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#2Justin2KrelianPosted 6/2/2013 9:45:29 PM(edited)
You have to start with "player->" and space

Although if it works sometimes maybe you already knew that...
#3HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2013 11:16:10 PM
Justin2Krelian posted...

I'm doing it for the NPCs and I'm clicking on them to highlight them for it to work..
---
#4KhMER SRPosted 6/3/2013 6:40:23 AM
You're typing in the ID's incorrectly.

Refer to http://uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Base_Clothing (MW), http://uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:Base_Clothing (Trib), http://uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:Base_Clothing (BM), or look in the Construction Set for the correct ID's. There are too many for me to list because I'm lazy and can't be bothered.
---
The ruling king is armored head to toe in brilliant flame. He is redeemed by each act he undertakes. His death is only a diagram back to the waking world.
#5HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 7:49:40 AM
KhMER SR posted...
You're typing in the ID's incorrectly.

Refer to http://uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Base_Clothing (MW), http://uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:Base_Clothing (Trib), http://uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:Base_Clothing (BM), or look in the Construction Set for the correct ID's. There are too many for me to list because I'm lazy and can't be bothered.

I appreciate the help but it's like you guys aren't reading my posts...

I typed in:

additem "common_shirt_1" 1

That IS the right item ID.. I am using the right iDs for a fact. The skeleton key works, and I am able to now get them to wear a flame cloak, but that's not a shirt.

I did manage to get a pair of pants to work, but the NPC didn't equip them.

My guess is for some reason the IDs must have changed through the mod or something because most of the clothing doesn't work like Common_shirt_1 and expensive_shirt...

I think killing NPCs, changing their clothes and ressing them also doesn't work.. sadly. oh welll
---
#6Justin2KrelianPosted 6/3/2013 9:21:09 AM
HydroCannabinol posted...
Justin2Krelian posted...

I'm doing it for the NPCs and I'm clicking on them to highlight them for it to work..

my mistake.
#7KhMER SRPosted 6/3/2013 11:15:38 AM
If you're too arrogant to even take 5 seconds look at the link and get the right ID then you don't deserve any help.

It's like you aren't reading my posts...

I typed in:

That IS the right item ID..Nope I am using the right iDs for a fact. NopeThe skeleton key works, and I am able to now get them to wear a flame cloak, but that's not a shirt.

My guess is for some reason the IDs must have changed through the mod or something because most of the clothing doesn't work like Common_shirt_1 and expensive_shirt...

Gotta be the game engine/mod/computers fault and totally not a PEBKAC error.
---
The ruling king is armored head to toe in brilliant flame. He is redeemed by each act he undertakes. His death is only a diagram back to the waking world.
#8HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2013 12:08:40 PM
KhMER SR posted...
If you're too arrogant to even take 5 seconds look at the link and get the right ID then you don't deserve any help.

It's like you aren't reading my posts...

I typed in:

That IS the right item ID..Nope I am using the right iDs for a fact. NopeThe skeleton key works, and I am able to now get them to wear a flame cloak, but that's not a shirt.

Gotta be the game engine/mod/computers fault and totally not a PEBKAC error.

I looked at the ID lists before making this topic.. here they are:

Name

ID(s)

Weight

Value

Enchant

Common Shirt
MW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 01.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 01 a.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 01 e.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 01 u.png
MW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 01 z.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 02.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 02 h.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 02 hh.png
MW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 02 r.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 02 rr.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 02 t.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 02 tt.png
MW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 03.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 03 b.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 03 c.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 04.png
MW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 04 a.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 04 b.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 04 c.pngMW-icon-clothing-Common Shirt 05.png

common_shirt_01
common_shirt_01_a
common_shirt_01_e
common_shirt_01_u
common_shirt_01_z
common_shirt_02
common_shirt_02_h
common_shirt_02_hh
common_shirt_02_r
common_shirt_02_rr
common_shirt_02_t
common_shirt_02_tt
common_shirt_03
common_shirt_03_b
common_shirt_03_c
common_shirt_04
common_shirt_04_a
common_shirt_04_b
common_shirt_04_c
common_shirt_05
2.0 4 2

I don't know what you're talking about. Tell me what Id I typed wrong rofl
---
#9DemiversePosted 6/3/2013 2:30:48 PM
You'll have to remove the other clothing items before the NPCs will equip the new clothes. NPCs won't equip something that's of lesser value than they're already wearing.
---
"Don't blame me, blame society!" -Carl Johnson
#10TelemaekusPosted 6/3/2013 6:18:03 PM
You forgot a character in there.

additem "common_shirt_01" 1

not additem "common_shirt_1" 1