This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did you turn the console off? ''spoilers''

#1FrugonePosted 3/22/2013 9:24:07 AM
I sure did lol, i got so freaked out with all the nonsense the colonel was talking that I followed the instruction without hesitating.Then i was like, what the hell did i do? i've to start over my last save, i didn't save often btw.
#2SnakePosted 3/24/2013 6:48:17 PM
Haha, I had played the original Metal Gear on MSX so knew it was a reference to Big Boss saying the same thing to Snake in that game. Would've been cool if they were able to do what X-Men did on Sega Genesis where you had to press the restart button on the console to advance in the game. That's exactly the kind of out of the box tricks Kojima likes to do.
---
What did I ever do to you!?
You Exist!
#3makeitchemicalPosted 3/26/2013 2:07:24 AM
It's those out of the box tricks that made the MGS series pretty special, like the trick to beating Psycho Mantis, etc. And yes, I thought turning the console off was one of those tricks, lol. I never knew that was a reference though.
#4Frugone(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 3:52:30 PM
Me too, when I first played MGS or Sons of Liberty I didn't know there were old school MG games, I thought that the previous operations in MGS were only back story to make the story have more depth.
#5itsyourlifePosted 4/11/2013 9:31:16 PM
Snake posted...
Would've been cool if they were able to do what X-Men did on Sega Genesis where you had to press the restart button on the console to advance in the game. That's exactly the kind of out of the box tricks Kojima likes to do.

I've never seen or heard about this feature, but it actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. I'll have to remember that next time I visit my uncle.
---
Proud Brony.
#6ShiangPosted 5/12/2013 3:29:03 AM
Yes, I did. >_>;;

It was made worse by the fact I'd just gotten an alert before the CODEC call came through, so I was running through Arsenal Gear being chased by Tensu guards, near to death, and then I had the Colonel telling me I was terrible at the game and to switch it off...
---
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams... Yea, in spite of a dreamer who slumbers, and a singer who sings no more.
#7You_Need_A_LifePosted 5/19/2013 9:18:45 PM
No; I knew what it referenced, along with most of Colonel's other strange dialog.
#8SebVettelPosted 5/22/2013 7:33:10 PM
Lol yeah I did, I saved my game first though.
#9xnoelzPosted 5/30/2013 8:34:47 AM
Got me the first time! hahaha
---
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#10Digital_SPosted 6/9/2013 3:34:28 AM
Nope I didn't, that robot face freaked me out when I was a kid though.
---
CoD is like the Justin Bieber of FPS.