This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, the ice bucket in the Tanker rec room...

#1Dagoth-DurrPosted 4/22/2013 3:15:44 AM
It's been years since I played this game, and currently in the HD collection I decided to take a look at this ice bucket I hear about, with an algorithm that changes the speed ice cubes melt at based on how close they are to one another.

I found the bucket, and...that's it? The difference seems to be miniscule, split seconds between them disappearing, and if anything the ones closest to one another melted FASTER than the two that shot all the way towards the stout taps.

Was this altered in the HD version, or was it kinda meh to begin with? I'm just surprised that the difference is so miniscule, especially when the ones far away from the clusters and separate seemed to melt FASTER.
#2SnakePosted 4/24/2013 10:31:08 PM
I have never seen or heard of this before. Is there a video?
---
What did I ever do to you!?
You Exist!
#3Dagoth-Durr(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 1:28:31 AM
No, that's why I went looking for it so I could record a few clips of it :P

Even though 'Metal Gear Solid 2 ice cubes' is a search suggestion on Youtube, the only results are one guy's LP of the game presumably because he's tagged them all 'ice cubes' for hits. I wanted to upload some footage of the ice bucket so people would be able to find it easily like I wanted to. No joke, part of the reason I bought the collection was to see the ice cubes for myself.

I'm guessing they might feature in an in-depth good LP (e.g. ChipCheezum) but there's nothing insofar as easy-to-find standalone videos.