Games like freelancer?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Freelancer
  3. Games like freelancer?
8 years ago#1
I love this game, but the huge problem is for some reason it CRASHES my PC on a jump gate! I tried reinstalling it, EVEN reinstalling my whole computer, also tried patches, etc etc etc.

Still the game crashes my whole PC on jump gates... so I had to get rid of this wonderful game.

I still want to play a space sim like freelancer though. can you guys tell me any other games like this?

So far I have tried X3, but its Way too complicated and not really fun. Graphics are great though.

I am also trying Darkstar One soon, so I hope that is a good game.

Any other ones? Ive read many reviews where people say "like so many games in this genre"...but I have yet to find any other freelancer type space sims...

Thanks for any replies.
8 years ago#2
Either Privateer or Privateer 2: The Darkening, the Elite series, and the Escape Velocity games come to mind.
The most devastating defeat is the one which comes when you have stood on the edge of victory.
8 years ago#3
I just purchased some game called "FREESPACE".. look up videos on youtube.. its suppose to be just like freelancer.
8 years ago#4

Freespace... wow, there's a blast from the past... that game is about 10 years old now, so if you are looking for a game that is similar in gameplay and graphics, Freespace ain't it. It's in the same class as games like "X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter" and "Wing Commander". Definitely a good game, though.

If you are into the whole MMO scene, there are a few options that might meet your needs. Eve Online is somewhat similar to Freelancer, though it did remind me of X2/X3 in terms of the learning curve required. There are also a couple MMO games that I haven't tried myself, but I've heard are quite similar to Freelancer; one is called Jumpgate and the other is called Allegiance.

8 years ago#5
If your PC can't handle jump gates in FL there's no way in hell it'll handle DS1.
8 years ago#6
What his computer can handle is irrelevant, it just doesn't like Freelancer jumpgates. They're no more demanding than the rest of the game.
Plasma Kat.
No, I'm not actually an emo.
8 years ago#7
I watched Electric playground this week and it had a new one previewed but i cant remember what the name of it is. Ill try and catch it again later tonight and see what it is.
8 years ago#8
As far as the game crashing during jump gates,try disabling 3D Sound,it fixed the same issue for me.
AIM:iDontPledge Chris2333-... now we gonna have a argue..
Xbox360 GT=iDontPledge
8 years ago#9
my freelancer does not work cause i put to meny mods on it now i did the lot but now im just loking for a very simlar game 2
8 years ago#10
Elite, or rather 'Oolite' is a very old game that is pretty much what popped into my head when I first heard of Freelancer. Oolite is the redevelopment of Elite. Theres a message board for it here:

http://www.aegidian.org/bb/
"Their" is possessive, "there" is a location, "they're" is is short for THEY ARE!
  1. Boards
  2. Freelancer
  3. Games like freelancer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived