Tips for earning money? (possible spoilers?)

#1Mohawk_BravoPosted 9/7/2008 3:20:14 PM
I need to make 50,000 to buy a ship, and I have about 5,000 from attacking the bandits of kree. Anyone have any tips to getting that money? I want to stay good aligned and I'm terrible at thieving (not to mention I couldn't find Virgil after he ran away) so any other ways?
---
/x\The Barbarian/x\
Noble Savage
#2Drak_SwordsmanPosted 9/7/2008 5:48:46 PM
There is another way to get a ship that doesn't require 50k, but I've never taken that route personally, as I've always had near 50k at that point.

If I recall correctly, you can trigger the quest to get the free ship by talking to Teach or other guy in the bar (and buying the guy drinks). You can look up more information on this quest by checking SWCarter's guide and reading section 10.27.
---
I've got dibs on Juhani. You can have Bastila. KOTOR
Kaminari, TsukiNoNekomimi, Tsuneko//FlyFF Mushpoie
#3magikot9Posted 9/7/2008 9:10:00 PM
1 - Go back to Shrouded Hills

2 - Pick Risteeze's pocket for his key (use a fate point if needed)

3 - Unlock his chest and take the gold.

4 - Rest one day

5 - Repeat steps 3 and 4 because Risteeze has infinite money
#4CowologyPosted 9/8/2008 2:31:53 PM
^This. 2 things worth noting, however.

1) It's easier to steal from NPC's while they sleep
2) Shopkeepers must be off-screen while you "rest for a day" in order to cycle their inventory.

With that in mind this is how you do it with zero points in pick pocketing and without wasting a Fate Point....

- Go to Ristezze Imported Goods and rest till evening.
- Follow Ristezze through the door when it opens and wait till he goes to bed, then save.
- Attempt to pick pocket his key. If you fail reload and try again - it can easily be done with 0 pickpocketing.
- Once you have the key loot the gold from the chest. Ignore the items, only take the gold.
- Scroll the screen over so Ristezze is no longer visable, rest for a day and then loot the gold again. You do NOT need to actually move your character, just scroll the screen over so the shopkeeper is no visible and it will cycle.
#5The_alchemy1356Posted 9/9/2008 4:35:31 AM
OR, you could do away with the money glitch, but usually i don't attempt it, as it takes out all the fun in the game.

Anyway, glad to see that you've return, Cowology! It's been a while since a few of us old vets posted here...
#6CowologyPosted 9/9/2008 2:22:20 PM
Yeah, haven't really been on this board in a while. Arcanum doesn't like to play on my new computer. It's kinda choppy. I need to pull out my old PC and hook up a switch box or something. And if I possible I need to find a way to get it to run windowed or something since it stretches on my wide screen monitor.
#7The_alchemy1356Posted 9/10/2008 10:13:16 AM
Yeah, been hearing a few complaints about Vista, as it seems that some old games refused to run on it because of compatibility issues...

Well, I hope that other older games still do fine on your new comp though, as i think that it'll be a little frustrated when some of them refused to play just when you wanted to run it....
#8magikot9Posted 9/11/2008 8:49:31 PM
Yeah, been hearing a few complaints about Vista, as it seems that some old games refused to run on it because of compatibility issues...

My Vista 32bit OS laptop runs arcanum in XP compatability mode better than my XP desktop ever did. The desktop I always had to play it in safe mode to be able to see anything other than black and white diamonds.

I think the issues with Vista arise when you use the 64 bit OS.