Where the hell are my character points?

#1The_Mercenary__Posted 7/31/2009 10:09:24 AM
Ok, I just picked up a used copy of Aranum 'cause I heard good things about it. I installed the last official patch and the unofficial patch, but now I have a huge problem. Are you suppose to get character points every level? I'm already lvl 5 but I haven't gotten any. How the hell am I supppose to do anything. Can someone please tell me what is wrong and how to fix it (if it can be fixed)

Also, (in case the game decides to work again), how can I get more bullets for my guns.

Thanks in advance.
---
Amount of Internets obtained - 10
The inventor of the Topic-Scanner 5000
#2the_dracolichPosted 7/31/2009 1:41:24 PM
I can think of only one thing that can do that. Either you selected a pre-made character or you unintentionally clicked on an Auto-Level Scheme. If you did that your character points will automatically be assigned to certain skills based on what scheme you chose. All pre-made characters use an Autoleveling Scheme.

The solution is to select No Scheme from the list in the right part of your Character Page. If you made the mistake of using a pre-made character, start over and make your own.
---
RPGs played so far:47
Life is unforgiving when you make a mistake - it doesn't have a Save & Load feature
#3grand_commanderPosted 7/31/2009 2:15:48 PM
And if it's bullets for your guns you want... Check the merchants. I know in Tarant you can buy quite a few each day, and the gunsmith often sells the schematic for bullets if you want to make your own (buying the saltpeter it works out to about 2 gold/bullet, which is half what you can usually expect to pay).
#4The_Mercenary__(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2009 2:31:30 PM
Aha, it appears I accidentally selected Auto Level. I should really read descriptions before clicking on stuff. Hopefully that didn't cripple my dude too much.
Thanks for the help.
---
Amount of Internets obtained - 10
The inventor of the Topic-Scanner 5000