So..My Units Keep Exploding Entirely.

#1ZananVIPosted 2/22/2008 4:16:33 PM
At the start of every battle, for no reason whatsoever. Even in Campaign. Anyway, anyone else have this problem? Does it have anything to do with Windows Vista; or my computer?
#2fuzzyduck1981Posted 2/23/2008 6:21:08 AM
IIRC its an anti-piracy measure.. could be that something's up with your CD/DVD drive, or maybe you're tying to use a mod and it isnt working properly - with luck a re-install & patch will fix it. It could also be something to do with Vista, but i'm running on XP so cant help you there
#3LoZak47Posted 2/24/2008 8:41:24 PM
I've heard the problem before; I believe you just have to reinstall.
---
"When you see all that rhetorical smoke billowing up from the Democrats, I'd follow the example of their nominee--Don't inhale."-Ronald Reagan
#4BasesLoadedWalkPosted 3/7/2008 3:13:59 PM
THAT HAPPENED TO ME YEARS AGO!!!
And I came here asking for help and everyone was like OMG BUY A REEL COPY NUB STOP PIRATINGZZ!!!!
But it was an original copy... and they wouldn't listen.
Stupid gamefaqs.
Anyway, yeah I don't remember what the problem was. I just play my Allied disc. That happens on my Soviet only. Weird, huh?
---
"I bought UNO, do i HAVE to play UNO with ppl online or can I have friends over?" - xsabrewulf
7 yEaRs AgO iT sEeMeD cOoL tO tYpE lIkE tHiS.
#5RainingMetalPosted 3/7/2008 7:09:57 PM
THAT HAPPENED TO ME YEARS AGO!!!

Same for me. Fortunatley, it doesn't happen to my new First Decade copy.
---
Wii came, Wii saw, Wii kicked its ass! -Ghostbusters
#6BasesLoadedWalkPosted 3/7/2008 8:27:53 PM
Was it just one disc or both for you?
Perhaps it was the computer I was using.
---
"I bought UNO, do i HAVE to play UNO with ppl online or can I have friends over?" - xsabrewulf
7 yEaRs AgO iT sEeMeD cOoL tO tYpE lIkE tHiS.
#7ZananVI(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2008 4:05:11 PM
idk, maybe just one disk. ty. i used to be able to play this game fine. (And I quite enjoyed smashing through allies with my hundreds of tiny conscripts =P)
#8Peach__xPosted 4/7/2008 5:19:44 AM
I've had this problem recently so i can still remember how to fix it :-s. uninstall everything for the game, remembering to delete the directory. Then reinstall with just the game NOT the internet folders. Run the game once (not sure if this is strictly nec but its the way i did it and it worked). Now install the internet and network folders and voila all should be hunky dory.

Peach:D
#9MantikorePosted 4/24/2008 9:55:10 PM
i can confirm that reinstalling works
---
Molotov everything...Huff Raid...FLEXIBILITAAAY...Scccrreeeaaaawwww...Jenkem
#10LordSeiferPosted 5/3/2008 10:07:17 PM
pc games do not read anything from the disc once they are running so its nothing to do with the discs.

units blowing up started happening to pirated version in the 1.06(?) patch, this is usually why

however it does happen sometimes to legit copys and if you reinstall it should be fine.

i like that people actually still post on this board.
---
Soon is relative.