Why in the name of Sydney's.....

#1Beef_CurtainsPosted 3/28/2010 8:50:04 AM
...scrot is this game not listed in Gamefaqs top ten PS1 games?

People, we must do something about this!

---
"Overrated FF games eat Great Dong" - Boutros Boutros Ghali
#2BangladeszaninPosted 3/28/2010 2:20:07 PM
Because the top 10 games are listed by the activity of their boards, I would imagine. And VS's board is hardly thriving with activity. Meanwhile FFXIII gets tons of "Sash is racist/not racist/black/cool!", "Vanille is/is not/may be a lesbian", not to mention the "FFXIII sucks!"/"If you don't like it, don't play it"/"It's linear!"/"All FFs are linear"/etc. topics, so it is the number 1 of GameFAQs top ten games.

---
This is my timey-wimey detector - it goes ,,ding!" when there's stuff. - The Doctor
#3GlassShardPosted 3/28/2010 6:23:30 PM
Vagrant Story is a beautiful secret of a game. Be thrilled that you discovered it and that it enriched your life, but don't push it on the unwashed masses. They don't get it and they don't want it.
---
"Who's to doom, when the Judge Himself is dragged to the bar?"
#4TiegerJDPosted 3/29/2010 12:15:37 AM
I agree, im quite happy for this board to remain quiet.
As things are this board is just visited by people who enjoy this game. Everyone is polite, and unlike the majority of boards you can have an intelligent conversation.
I'd rather not visit and see all the " this game sux", "ashley is a homo" topics that would inevitably pop up if the "drooling masses" turned up.

---
Vagrant Story
Level 16 Grand Master Breaker : Sweeper Of The Dark
#5Beef_Curtains(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2010 2:17:55 AM
Because the top 10 games are listed by the activity of their boards, I would imagine. And VS's board is hardly thriving with activity. Meanwhile FFXIII gets tons of "Sash is racist/not racist/black/cool!", "Vanille is/is not/may be a lesbian", not to mention the "FFXIII sucks!"/"If you don't like it, don't play it"/"It's linear!"/"All FFs are linear"/etc. topics, so it is the number 1 of GameFAQs top ten games.

Fair comment but that I knew already. Though sticking with ^this, I suppose ultimately what I was angling toward was that when I look at the range of comparisons made in quite a few of the FFXIII topics to things like Xenogears / Saga, Grandia, Mass Effect (???) Tales of this-and-that, as well as other FFs, etc, why is VS never mentioned? With the release of XIII, I've seen some looong dead boards suddenly springing back into life, so why not this one?

They don't get it and they don't want it.

Their loss and probably a sad but true indictment of any similar quality games that will follow in the future. I played this first time around and I shall be playing again. Vagrant Story oooozes class.

I'd rather not visit and see all the " this game sux", "ashley is a homo" topics that would inevitably pop up if the "drooling masses" turned up.

And there I was thinking that they'd have virtually nothing to carp about. I am too trusting... (...Double fault. Advantage: Naivety)

---
"Overrated FF games eat Great Dong" - Boutros Boutros Ghali
#6BangladeszaninPosted 3/29/2010 6:45:29 AM
Xenogears had much more exposure, and is widely regarded as the best RPG on the PSX, as well as whole "kill Deus, deep story, complexity" business - also, the release of Saga certainly did not hurt. Mass Effect is a blockbuster title, scoring 9 and 10s across the Internet, Final Fantasies are Final Fantasies, no surprise there. Tales have many instalments, thus large fanbase. And Pokemon always was phenomenally popular.

Even the release of VS on the PSN did not bring much life into the board. It seems there is little to talk about, and even the random topics (like the "ask the stupid question, get a stupid answer" one) are not faring too well. VS has class, to be sure, be there is only so many ways of saying that, and it seems we are on the verge of the limit.

Well, troll/stupid (not in a good way) topics could find many things to complain about: Ashley's sexuality (since he did not seem interested in Merlose), Sydney's sexuality (no interest in women at all), Hardin's sexuality (hangs out with Sydney most of the time), and also probably paedophilia, Merlose's sexuality (since she did not have any romance), the outfits, the graphics, the names (OMG Romeo!!!1!), game not being hard enough (OMG you said it's hard but it's not hard!), and those are just the ones I think obvious ones.

All in all, I prefer this game being hidden outside of the Top 10 list. It is not very hard to find, anyway.
---
This is my timey-wimey detector - it goes ,,ding!" when there's stuff. - The Doctor
#7EchoNullPosted 3/29/2010 5:52:00 PM
I'd just like to point out that this board is more active than a few other old gems I watch (Shadowrun on the Genesis, The Guardian Legend on the NES)... and more than some modern odd-and-awesome ones, too (Knights in the Nightmare certainly gets less activity these days).

I think the right people hang out here. Discussion is civil, helpful, and lacking in the... dumb... evident in many popular boards.

's kinda like the Shiren the Wanderer (DS) board, actually. The community has condensed to a really solid core group.
---

Odd.