The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

perfect sequel?

#1friendlydudePosted 6/14/2008 1:48:00 AM
Unfortunately, nope.

The framerate seems to have more trouble handling constant movement compared to the first game. That's because, for Underground, the game company decided to make tanks move around, airplanes drop bombs, soldiers frequently on the attack, etc. Or maybe the addition of the bonus levels was one step too far, and that's why the framerate isn't as smooth this time around. You know, three extra levels may have been too much.

Well, it's a really small complaint. It's the only complaint I can find with the game. Great game anyway!
#2giftofthementorPosted 6/14/2008 1:51:14 AM
I know everyone said Frontline was a better game but this game is actually better than Frontline because of the bonus missions, tanks that move, and somewhat of a multiplayer. Though what's funny is that as bad as Rising Sun was, that was the best multiplayer up to that point, maybe even beyond [for console anyway].

---
I hate throgs too.
#3NiBuEAPosted 6/14/2008 6:08:17 PM
I don't think the bonus levels would have dropped the framerate. It's the activity in the level that affects how smooth things run, like you said, tanks, airplanes etc. IIRC, the first level of the fifth mission (the one where you leave by riding a motorbike) is an absolutely huge level and the framerate really suffers. The next mission in France runs a little slow too.

But I don't think the game would be the same without all the vehicles, planes, dancing dogs, or exploding aliens :)
#4friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2008 12:30:02 AM
Yeah, I'm still glad we have tanks that move around. It's fun dealing with the guards while also keeping a close eye on what those darn tanks are doing. It's pretty fun playing with the tanks too, by dodging the missiles and machine gun fire.

"can't catch me!!"

*tank shoots missile my way, and I dodge left*

*tank shoots another missile, and I dodge right this time*

"I'm dancing!"

Though it would have been nice if the tanks actually ran out of ammo, eventually giving me time to calm my nerves. But nope, it wasn't meant to be! :)
#5logans_run_82Posted 6/19/2008 10:12:30 AM
Hmm, maybe if this game came out for the PS2 it would have been better =/

dang, that honestly sounds more fun then any Medal of Honor gmae I've ever played!

man, they always do something that'll make me dislike the game :(

But they usally have something good about them that makes me want to get around the things that I don't like.

its just annoying that there's something holding it away from total perfection, it seems.

But I've heard alot of hype for the original MOH. they said it was an amazing game, and that they thought it was "The best WW2 shooter I've ever played", so I'll wait til I get a ps3 to play it, with high expectation :)

I did play a bit of it, and thought it was the greatest thing..but you can't judge a game by a few levels.
---
Currently playing: Burnout: Paradise
#6NiBuEAPosted 6/20/2008 12:00:27 AM
Yeah, I'm still glad we have tanks that move around. It's fun dealing with the guards while also keeping a close eye on what those darn tanks are doing. It's pretty fun playing with the tanks too, by dodging the missiles and machine gun fire.

"can't catch me!!"

*tank shoots missile my way, and I dodge left*

*tank shoots another missile, and I dodge right this time*

"I'm dancing!"

Though it would have been nice if the tanks actually ran out of ammo, eventually giving me time to calm my nerves. But nope, it wasn't meant to be! :)

Heh. The tanks are actually better in this game than others in the series IMO. In Frontline and Rising Sun they are a little bit boring to fight (they usually just sit there and shoot) and in European Assault and Vanguard the Turret whizzes around at a stupid speed.

And there isn't anything wrong with judging original MOH on the first few levels. I think they were the best in the game.
#7friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2008 6:09:09 PM
Thanks for the notes on the tanks in the other games. I'm a little surprised they didn't bother to make the tanks more exciting as the series went on. They are really fun in Underground.

The only problem I have with the first few levels of the original MoH is just how easy they all are. You can run right through those levels without worrying about dying. The only tricky part would be on level 3, when near the end you have to deal with several guards wanting you dead all at once. But it's not that bad- just more of them to deal with than the rest of the level has.
#8friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2008 6:53:55 PM
Looks like this topic will become the official "bump once a week" one :)
#9NiBuEAPosted 7/1/2008 11:34:41 PM
Damn, I barely remember anything about the enemy placement in these games. I think I remember the first level having a machine gun at the end, and enemies would come rushing out of the door when you man it...and sometimes I couldn't get them to trigger for some reason.
#10ShindlerPosted 7/8/2008 10:05:26 AM

Surprised there's an activity on this board.

I'm currently playing this on emulator and it's cool game.

It's not perfect. Framerate is bad sometimes and the difficulty is a bit crazy. (especially the buggy level where you have to kill archeologists)