Problems with game, please help!!!

#1priestofdreamsPosted 1/23/2011 7:28:37 AM
Hey all

Been trying to play VMR for a while but having few problems, so here goes:
1. When trying to overwrite saved game it wont overwrite causing me to lose my position
2. when i load (or reload) the game the area in which i have done previously either in that game or different game all the enemies and items have gone so i lose major xp and equipment
3. tried installing the patches for VMR but windows 7 wont allow it to properly install
4. cant use the "-console" as when trying to change the file name/format windows 7 wont allow the file to keep name and so cant use console in game

if able to help please reply or message me,

thanks for reading
#2cogadhPosted 1/27/2011 6:01:09 PM
1. Run the game as an administrator. Right-click on the game executable, select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, check the box for "Run as Administrator". While you're there, you might want to set the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2.
2. See #1
3. Run the patch as administrator, see #1
4. You don't need to change the file name, you need to create a shortcut to the game executable (or use the existing one if you created it when you installed the game), then right-click on it and select Properties. In the "Target:" path, add the -console to the end of it, outside the quotation marks