Using dual monitors

#1kevo_1202Posted 5/3/2008 12:46:18 PM
On my laptop, ive got a second desktop monitor plugged in set for windows to be extended onto the monitor. Now that the original novelty of dragging windows onto another screen has worn off, I was wondering if there was any way I could have AOE running on one monitor while leaving the other availbe to use for other functions. As it is now, when I run AOE the second monitor just goes black until I close AOE.

Or, better yet, is there a way I can change the screen size in game to have it run on both monitors? That would be brilliant for some of the bigger battles ...*drools at the idea*......
#2UnnamedPlayerPosted 5/4/2008 12:14:28 PM
you can't change the game resolutions

the tricky thing with getting aok to run on a 2nd monitor is the scrolling
you won't be able to either scroll the map or move to your other monitor without minimizing the application
#3megamooseqqqPosted 5/19/2008 3:30:11 PM
This works with everything I've played, but I haven't tried it on AOEII:
Go to AOE's PROPERTIES and you will see a line titled "Target". It will say (or it does for me) "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe". Add - win to it.
It should now read "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe" - win.
Again, I'm not sure if it works with AOE, but it works for any game I've had to use it with (Morrowind, Generals)
---
Mr. QQQ
The Moose says: Blarg blarg honk!