No CD patch/no CD alternatives?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: moonroot

moonroot
7 years ago#1

I was just wondering if this had a no cd patch yet. Used to play this game when I was 10-13 and now have a netbook on which it would be awesome to have a low req game like this (netbook doesn't have cd drive). Does one of the official patches have a no cd addition or do I have to resort to making a virtual cd thingamabob--if so could someone point me toward a good cd emulator program?

Thanks

User Info: SeraphLance

SeraphLance
7 years ago#2
There are cracks to the game (that I won't link to, as it's probably against the ToS). I don't think any official patches remove the CD requirement either.

As for good virtual disk drives, try Daemon Tools.
"If attacked . . . ., always find or manufacture enough threat against them to cause them to sue for peace."
- L. Ron Hubbard

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
7 years ago#3
If you own the real game, it is totally legal to make a software backup for yourself only. You make an ISO of the game CD using Alex Feinman's ISO Recorder (go to your disc drive, right-click it and hit "Create image from CD") and then you mount it using Daemon Tools or whatever other program you like for mounting ISOs. It's fairly easy.

User Info: Stiphilis

Stiphilis
7 years ago#4
I think the 1.0e patch eliminates any CD requirement. The 1.0e patch can be found at torngaming.com

User Info: KotG Luvin

KotG Luvin
7 years ago#5
IGzones patch (might be 1.0e or whatever) also contains a nocd crack i believe.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived