No CD patch/no CD alternatives?

#1moonrootPosted 7/1/2009 1:48:04 PM

I was just wondering if this had a no cd patch yet. Used to play this game when I was 10-13 and now have a netbook on which it would be awesome to have a low req game like this (netbook doesn't have cd drive). Does one of the official patches have a no cd addition or do I have to resort to making a virtual cd thingamabob--if so could someone point me toward a good cd emulator program?

Thanks

#2SeraphLancePosted 7/1/2009 3:38:28 PM
There are cracks to the game (that I won't link to, as it's probably against the ToS). I don't think any official patches remove the CD requirement either.

As for good virtual disk drives, try Daemon Tools.
---
"If attacked . . . ., always find or manufacture enough threat against them to cause them to sue for peace."
- L. Ron Hubbard
#3HeyDudePosted 7/1/2009 8:32:41 PM
If you own the real game, it is totally legal to make a software backup for yourself only. You make an ISO of the game CD using Alex Feinman's ISO Recorder (go to your disc drive, right-click it and hit "Create image from CD") and then you mount it using Daemon Tools or whatever other program you like for mounting ISOs. It's fairly easy.
#4StiphilisPosted 7/2/2009 2:30:20 PM
I think the 1.0e patch eliminates any CD requirement. The 1.0e patch can be found at torngaming.com
#5KotG LuvinPosted 7/2/2009 8:12:30 PM
IGzones patch (might be 1.0e or whatever) also contains a nocd crack i believe.