Does this game have local (split screen) co-op?

#1presea_loverPosted 9/12/2009 6:06:16 PM
I can't remember hearing if it did or didn't. Anyway, I'm planning to get this game. Should I go for the Special Edition version? Or skip Doom 3 and go for RoE?

I'm thinking I'll probably get a normal copy of Doom 3. If I want to play RoE, I'll get the other Dooms included when I pick that up.
---
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater
#2MEGAMURPosted 9/13/2009 12:00:30 PM
It does not have splitscreen Co-op, no.

And RoE is roughly half the length of DOOM³, so DOOM³ might be the better choice. And, as you said, if you want to get the classic DOOMs, RoE has them both, and--unlike the DOOM³ Collector's Edition--it also has The Master Levels for DOOM II.
---
"Also, I just really can't think of any good ideas."
-Koji Igarashi, Producer of the Castlevania series
#3presea_lover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2009 4:58:41 AM
Bleah. That sucks. Not everyone wants to play Live. Sigh.

I've heard RoE is a better game than Doom 3. Even if it is shorter, it has both the original DOOM games... Although I've heard the ports aren't very good in either the special edition of DOOM 3 or RoE.

I'd definitely be interested in the RoE Double-Barreled Shotgun.
---
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater
#4MEGAMURPosted 9/19/2009 4:15:49 PM
RoE has both Ultimate DOOM & DOOM II, and also sports The Master Levels for DOOM II, an extra set of 20 DOOM II levels that weren't featured in the DOOM³ Collector's Edition. The ports are okay--much more accurate to the PC originals than most console DOOM ports--but they're a bit difficult to control with the analog thumbsticks, and cheat codes are too easy to accidentally enter.

And while I'm not sure if I can say RoE is superior to DOOM³, it does have a bit more action to it, and--of course--the aforementioned double-barreled shotgun. It also lets you use the flashlight and pistol together (not possible in the original DOOM³), although the pistol isn't exactly a terribly useful weapon.
---
"Also, I just really can't think of any good ideas."
-Koji Igarashi, Producer of the Castlevania series
More topics from this board...
Still love the co-op.deanhelms24110/22 3:59PM