possible reasons why mother 3 won't come to the US(possible spoilers)

#1szunegaPosted 10/7/2009 6:21:19 PM
So i just got the spitoon in the castle as duster and some things have popped up i noticed perhaps stopping this game from being officaly localized.

1.the ghost in the castle is drinking whine, and even says he is, alchohalic refrences are not allowed in US nintendo games....(well rated E ones anyway)

2.The fact when you sneak up on the big bros you can see there bear bottoms....

3.the "rape" scene i keep hearing about.

4.the fact the characters look naked partially when in the hot tub, although i beleive they may have shorts i don't know xD

5.The magyspies or whatever there called.

6.the crap joke or whatever in the cave with alec.

7.I only know of one song so far but when you fight mr.passion it is obviously from a real song(i can't remember what it is called) this is the main reason why mother 2 won't get a VC/remake/ds release...

That's all i have for now, i am sure they could release it censored a bit but i don't think Japan will allow that nor Nintendo does not want to.

Sorry for my misspellings.

---
You can't spell ignorant without IGN!
#2AthenaWyrmPosted 10/7/2009 7:52:26 PM
NA: Hey the DS has been out for years now let's release a game on the GBA when almost no one will bother to buy it and we'll use our horrible marketing skills like the way we did with the previous game which had horrible sales (which was completely their fault) and hope we can please maybe a few percent of the population.

Great idea, m i rite?
---
Supporter of Super Emblem Bros. and GameFaqs: The Game.
Info in name.
#3szunega(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2009 8:42:03 PM

NA: Hey the DS has been out for years now let's release a game on the GBA when almost no one will bother to buy it and we'll use our horrible marketing skills like the way we did with the previous game which had horrible sales (which was completely their fault) and hope we can please maybe a few percent of the population.

Great idea, m i rite?

like what games?

and i mean there are plenty of other old games that got ported to ds...
---
I assume they have sex In the end. That pun.-The_Korey
#4coolguy100neoPosted 10/8/2009 12:11:59 PM
Porting costs money, and it won't happen in North America if it doesn't happen first in Japan.
If we can get NCL (what Nintendo is called in Japan) to want to develop and release an ultimate MOTHER collection for DS or WiiWare, then there will be a chance that THAT gets translated and brought to America.
---
"If finishing [a game] is a measure of something's success, then Grand Theft Auto is the worst game ever."
- Ray Barnholt in Retronauts #50 (11:18)
#5ZerainePosted 10/8/2009 1:51:16 PM

Let's also add that Nintendo is trying to push the sails of the DSi....which lacks the gba slot.
---
DEATH TO CAPITALISM! MOTHER RUSSIA WILL PREVAIL! ~Endgame
#6Obsessed117Posted 10/8/2009 5:48:38 PM
None of those are the reasons.

The reason is because of the time and money it would take. Both of which are practically interchangeable when it comes to business. We will never see the game officially localized unless it gets remade and they finally decide to give it to us.
---
I am the only person to have ever played "shockwave assault" for the PC :(