i can't save my game!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. i can't save my game!!

User Info: PalkiaGaines777

PalkiaGaines777
7 years ago#1
so i got the rom and patched it, but it wont let me save my game! how do i fix this?
92% of teens like rap. Copy this into your signature if you are part of the 8% with taste.
Animal Crossing City Folk FC: 3609-4586-4676 Fruit: Pears

User Info: Spitball Sparky

Spitball Sparky
7 years ago#2
If you're using some sort of device (flash cartridge or some other little handheld thing) you may need an additional patch to make it save correctly.

This game emulates best on a computer, so that is probably the best way to go. You also won't need any more patches.
www.luminehall.net
A new kind of EarthBound community...Revamped!

User Info: TriumphForks36

TriumphForks36
7 years ago#3
If you're using Virtual Boy Advance, go to Options > Emulator > Save Type. Select Flash 64K and you should be able to save.
It's the frickin' Zelda series.
Zelda logic isn't exactly... logical.

PalkiaGaines777
7 years ago#4
didnt work. figured out it was cause i was using a mac.
92% of teens like rap. Copy this into your signature if you are part of the 8% with taste.

User Info: hailthethief

hailthethief
7 years ago#5
If you acquire a save file of the Japanese version and save your file over that, I believe it will work.
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

User Info: TStodden

TStodden
7 years ago#6
If you do the patching yourself, you shouldn't have this problem.

1) Find a CLEAN, <U>unhacked</u> copy of Mother 3 ROM.
2) Download the Translation patch from http://mother3.fobby.net & any possible language you may need.
3) Unzip & use the enclosed patch program on the ROM -- Enable "Create a back-up" option, just to be safe
4) Get yourself a drink & wait for it to complete.
5) Enjoy!

If you do it yourself, it should work OK. However, you may want to check the list of "Good Emulators" on the Mother 3 Translation site just to be sure as those are known to work.

Once you're in the game, find a frog to save... They're camped out throughout the game, including some weird looking ones (like the Magical Butterfrog).
~TStodden
Game Monkey likes you...

PalkiaGaines777
7 years ago#7
thanks for the help, but im using a pc to play and it works fine. now to get that elusive handbook.
  1. Boards
  2. Mother 3
  3. i can't save my game!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived