Worth a Try?

#1CooperF4Posted 8/5/2010 5:22:47 AM
Though I've not read that many comics in the series, I was a big fan of the animated show from the 90's and I recently watched them via the new DVD releases. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that show.

In any case, I looking around for any X-Men games that my interest me and given that I have a Wii and GameCube remotes, I thought that this game might be fun to give a try.

I can imagine some of the opinions might be a bit biased given that this is the forum for the game, but I figured here was a good place to start.

Would you recommend the game if I can find it? Is it worth the money and will I enjoy it?
#2robbobmurPosted 8/7/2010 6:01:48 AM
You should be able to find a used one for < $ 15 , so at that price it's definitely worth it.

This game and its sequel XML 2 : Rise of the Apocalypse are 2 of my favorite games in my limited library.

There is a story mode and there is a character(s) vs character(s) battle mode.

The characters are given two mutant powered skills, a boost skill ( some just a self boost ,others have an entire team boost ) , and a radial extreme attack - which you have to collect 4 pieces of a "token" to activate.

It's a fun game if you're playing by yourself , or if you play multiplayer .
#3CooperF4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2010 1:26:36 AM
All good things to hear. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the info!
#4sgtmorgan123Posted 8/19/2010 3:53:11 PM
Set aside the difficaulty of the story mode, I'd say go for it, oh yeah and play X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse when your done
---
Never again will I be dishonored and never again will I be reminded of living within the world of the jaded they kill insperation
COD MW:R FC: 1519-3296-0608AP