I'm looking for a good team

#21sgtmorgan123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2010 5:45:28 AM
I don't know what's happening but at one point in the Asteroid M level the screen goes completely black, has that happened with you?
---
Never again will I be dishonored and never again will I be reminded of living within the world of the jaded they kill insperation
COD MW:R FC: 1519-3296-0608
#22robbobmurPosted 8/30/2010 3:32:50 PM
On my PS2 version , it usually turns green when it crashes .

This is a somewhat common glitch with this game , most of the theories I've read surmise that this is caused by playing the game for too long a period of time or an immense about of action occurring at one moment .

I have been down to one active character and they got caught in a " wedge " , where the only camera view is into the dark void .

If you're at Asteroid M , how high of a level have you reached ?

Have you used the Danger Room or have you played straight through ?
#23sgtmorgan123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2010 6:40:17 AM
I played straight through and I'm level 34. My brother played for 3 hours straight yesterday and it didn't happen to him. Do you think I should just get a new copy of the game?
---
Never again will I be dishonored and never again will I be reminded of living within the world of the jaded they kill insperation
#24robbobmurPosted 8/31/2010 12:06:03 PM
No , like I said it's a common glitch with this game .

But , it doesn't occur often enough to get upset about .

A different disc , even an unopened one , would be susceptible to the same problem .

Just set aside a file to use as a most recent save point so you don't lose too much progress when it happens .

Since you reached the end , I thought I'd give you another hint that you might not know about .

Reaching level 40 unlocks a higher level of generic equipment . The Ultra Level Power Enhancer is the most powerful piece of offensive equipment in the game .
Level 35 might unlock the stat and armor enhancing Ultra equipment ( i.e. Ultra Focus Enhancer = +8 to Focus stat ) I can't remember specifically on the top of my head .
#25sgtmorgan123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2010 8:19:02 AM
It's almost been a week, should I try it now?
---
#26robbobmurPosted 9/4/2010 2:44:31 PM
I not sure what you mean ?

The crash I'm referring to can happen at any time . Unless you see a heavy scratch on the disc , most crashes to any game are programming related .

If you think the disc is damaged , follow the cleaning instructions in the manual . If you don't have a manual , there should be instructions in the console message boards .

If this "black screen " is happening to you at the same moment every time , then it is probably a maxed memory glitch( assuming the disc isn't damaged ) that commonly occurs in the XML 2 game, but I don't remember it being common to XML.

If you have left equipment and health packs on the ground , the game memory has to keep track of it .If too much "stuff " is left laying it can cause a memory crash .
#27sgtmorgan123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2010 6:55:37 PM
oh my god....you were so right
I BEAT THE GAME! and it only took me 3 years...
---