This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Owning Towns

#1SimbolaPosted 1/9/2008 7:38:13 PM
I am part of a guild that owns a town. What is the significance of owning a town? My alliance owns House Zu Heltzer, and on GuildWiki it says the alliance with the most donated faction owns HZH. This got me excited, so I want to also ask, is this something to be proud of?
---
I find it funny that there are actually people who ask how good a game is on the message board of that game.
#2Duke DarkwoodPosted 1/9/2008 7:47:51 PM
Well, in the world of alliance battles, it is something to be proud of (I assume; I don't do PvP much, and have never done AB).

There ARE some tangible benefits, though, including access to the "exclusive area" of town, which includes a merchant that sells goods at a discounted price.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#3Simbola(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2008 9:13:10 PM
Oh. The discount thing is cool. Can't believe when I joined this guild I had no idea it owned HZH.
---
I find it funny that there are actually people who ask how good a game is on the message board of that game.
#4Simbola(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2008 12:49:28 AM
Sorry to subtopic, but how many towns can you own at once?
---
#5Murdoc the MadPosted 1/10/2008 1:03:24 AM
Just one at a time. The outpost you control depends on how much faction you transfer--the more that your alliance has, the higher ranked out post you get. And since HZH is the Kurzick capital, you're guild is the leader of the alliance with the most transfered Kurzick faction at the moment.

Also, besides the discounts, you also gain access to Urgoz's Warren, the Kurzick elite mission, without the need for a Passage Scroll.

http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Alliance_Faction
---
"And here I thought I'd get through the whole day without killing anyone." - Caine, Heroes Die
#6Dragonspawn1319Posted 1/10/2008 6:43:22 AM
I'm an officer in the alliance that as of yesterday; controls Durhiem Archives. Aside from the Discount merchant and the exclusive area u can sit in if u want too; I think It's just cool to have my guild's name on the map & have people see it when they enter the town; sortof like the way when a guild wins in HoH their name is broadcast to the players.

Owning HzH has the extra perk of giving free acess to Urgoz Warren; but the last time I went there when my alliance formed a team; we were the only people there at 6pm Saturday night; which would normally be primetime for people to be there; so obviously its completely dead. I guess you alliance that owns it must spend too much time running in & out of Lutgardis Conservatory to actually enjoy what it has.
---
{IGN's} Guild Wars: God Mode // BF2142: GreenBook
#7dekouPosted 1/10/2008 7:19:39 AM
It's a real shame that most unique content Factions has is so dead. I guess it doesn't really reward players and is too hard and expensive to get to. They should've made elite missions available for everyone, like the Domain of Anguish.

As for being proud of owning a town, it is, of course, nice to own one, but I think most top guilds fast farm their faction points, so it doesn't really tell you how good your guild is in AB or anything.
#8Shadow1975Posted 1/10/2008 11:34:42 AM
If you donate 20k faction a day, you can be proud. Otherwise, its all the work of other people. I may be off, but last I heard, guilds looking for town ownership required a faction donation. The last time I saw someone recruiting with a faction requirement was a few months ago, but they said you had to donate 10k daily, and were only trying to obtain Eredon Terrace.

Shadow
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln
#9TheMattAttackPosted 1/10/2008 3:25:34 PM
sortof like the way when a guild wins in HoH their name is broadcast to the players.
No hoh takes skill
---
http://epilepticgaming.ggl.com/
daily videogame show at 7est.
#10Dragonspawn1319Posted 1/10/2008 6:01:02 PM
My alliance has a standard rule that we refuse to require mandatory donations. Sure thats y we don't have 45 million faction like the HzH alliance; but atleast its an actual guild where people do missions together and actually play the game and have fun. The minute our alliance leader decides to make mandatory faction dotations; that's when I click the 'leave your guild' button. I would have to say that about half of the 70 members in my guild doesn't even own factions.
---
{IGN's} Guild Wars: God Mode // BF2142: GreenBook