Secondary class for an Elementalist?

#1TrethPosted 1/16/2008 12:20:05 AM
This is my first character and decided to go with an Elementalist. What would be a good secondary class that will allow me to solo/farm without much trouble if I wanted to?
---
"A ninja wastes no words." - Kage
#2truemalicePosted 1/16/2008 12:25:31 AM
I like mesmer for arcane echo. basically it lets you have two of whatever your favorite spell.
there are some other helpful mesmer spells but by endgame all i really use/need from it is echo.
---
Village Elders Council's Red Eyed Shakalaka
Life is like shrooms, you see some crazy ****
#3Z_BLADEPosted 1/16/2008 2:51:19 AM
Monk is a pretty good option for players just starting out. once you reach a certain point in the game you unlock the other professions and switch between secondaries freely, So really you just choose which one to start as.

Monk offers a few 'hard res' skills (a resurrection skill you can use multiple times without getting a morale boost") Which are good to have with you.
---
Signature: Hello.
#4Treth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2008 1:09:48 AM
Ok, I went with Monk. One more question, what attributes should I add points to? I'm assuming alot will go into energy storage, since I will be a pure caster class. Are there any other skills that I should focus on?
---
#5CzechnmymailPosted 1/17/2008 1:55:06 AM
Generally, you'll want to stick to at most three attributes to pump your points into. For a PvE elementalist, Fire Magic is the most common attribute. There are a lot of Area of Effect skills in the fire magic line, and enemies in PvE tend to cluster up, making it quite effective against them.

And yeah, energy storage is a very useful attribute for you as an elementalist. Not only does it give you high energy, but it affects two important skills for you as a beginning ele: Aura of Restoration and Glyph of Lesser Energy.
---
La fille danse quand elle joue avec moi, et je pense que je l'aime des fois.
Le silence n'ose pas dis; donc, quand on est ensemble, mettre les mots sur la petite dodo.
#6GarquillPosted 1/17/2008 2:36:56 PM
You can take points out of your attributes in case you missed that.
---
Currently playing: Guild Wars, Legend of Dragoon, Blue Dragon, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Kameo, Oblivion
#7Treth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2008 10:37:45 AM
I did miss that, thanks for the info everyone.
---