This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think they'll release a complete collection pack?

#1ZerkrenderPosted 1/20/2008 1:01:34 PM

Just a weird habit I have, but I never like to be restricted of anything. If I get a game for a first time, even if the expansions are only for people highly progressed in the game I have to get them just so I will have them as soon as I can make use of them. And another problem is that I live in a greedy small town that tries to keep game prices as high as possible. Here are the prices...

Guild Wars = $30

Guild Wars: Factions = $40

Guild Wars: Nightfall = $40

Guild Wars: Eye of the North = $40

So they only drop the price on the oldest one and only by $10. To get them all at once would $150! :(

#2Shadow1975Posted 1/20/2008 1:08:30 PM
Starting prices for USA on the games were:

Prophecies = $50
Factions = $50
Nightfall = $50
GW:EN = $40

So I'd say they have all dropped except for GW:EN. Sale prices from various stores can lower that, but those were the original prices.

Shadow
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln
#3Zerkrender(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2008 1:35:05 PM
Thanks, shadow. Still hoping for an entire series package though. How many people will still be playing Guild Wars when Guild Wars 2 comes out?
#4Death CommanderPosted 1/20/2008 2:11:20 PM
Most, I'd say.
---
History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
#5Duke DarkwoodPosted 1/20/2008 3:35:25 PM
If they do release such a compilation - and that's a VERY big if - it won't happen before GW2 hits, is my guess.

Basically, they'll probably only resort to that sort of thing when sales on GW1 reach such a point that they feel the need for such an incentive; in general, that's how such things work (although I won't pretend to understand all the nuances that go into these decisions).
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#6Gojak_v3Posted 1/20/2008 3:35:38 PM
I've seen NF still in the $50 price range most stores I go in. GW:EN and Factions tend to be $40, and Prophecies is $30.

This is what they are priced on the in game store and PlayNC, so I think retailers will charge the same unless it's a sale.
#7AlysonCDPosted 1/20/2008 7:02:28 PM
Zerk, can you not buy stuff online? I got the GOTY edition off amazon for 25 bucks with 2 day shipping brand new.
#8Slinky826Posted 1/21/2008 12:47:59 AM
I found copies of Nightfall in Circuit City for 35.96 a couple weeks before X-mas. However, their copies of Factions were still 49.99. :-\
---
God did not create Man in his image, for it was Man who created God in his.
#9wanderzPosted 1/21/2008 5:44:59 AM
i bought nightfall 2 days ago at circuit city for $35.96, it said 44.96 on the package but the website says 35.96 so they had to sell it to me for that... i also bought the only copy they had, out of 5 stores i went to only 1 had nightfall regular, walmart had about 6 copies of the collector's edition for $60.
---
Ironically and unfortunately common sense is not very common at all.. especially on the roads.
#10mafia_bowserPosted 1/22/2008 9:14:26 AM
They do have the Prophecies and Eye of the North bundle for $60 at Wal-mart you'll just save $10 though. Wish we had those prices when I started though.
---
Ignorance is Bliss