This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would be a solo-grind friendly combo?

#1MelhisedekPosted 1/22/2008 1:11:11 PM
Hello there folks,
I have all 4 games and have started playing a few times already but without much progress I think I might have chosen wrong classes. Not so much wrong as perhaps a bit complex to play. No idea really.

So can you give me a solo friendly combo of classes that will work well for grinding?
I plan to quit wow and this will be my game when relaxing... Go in and kill a few things do a quest or two, maaaaaaaybe pvp a bit :)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
---
"Love can die, but Power is forever !!!"
#2dekouPosted 1/22/2008 1:17:01 PM
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Invincimonk
#3Shadow1975Posted 1/22/2008 3:14:24 PM
If you want to grind, keep playing WoW. If you want to play GW, and have fun, pick a class that does the things you enjoy doing. Guild Wars is not designed to be player solo, so either team up with other people, or use the heroes/hench.

Shadow
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln
#4Melhisedek(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2008 3:32:30 PM
I'm sorry I didn't mention it. Of course I would use heroes and henchmen. I just thought I would play alone and not with other players :( Sorry about that

My problem is my busy schedule I have 15 minutes here... 30 minutes there so I don't have time for finding a group and besides that I might not be there for the whole quest and I don't want to quit on the group....

So class combo that would breeze me through all campaigns with heroes and henchmen?
---
"Love can die, but Power is forever !!!"
#5Shadow1975Posted 1/22/2008 10:20:50 PM
Ranger, Necro, Elem, or Warrior would be my choices. I'm not sure what you call grinding, but GW only has optional grind. Nothing in the game REQUIRES you to grind.

Shadow
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln
#6DarkThespianPosted 1/22/2008 10:30:43 PM
10,000 points for Luxon/Kurzick areas, I would argue, is grinding for the average player who just wants to continue the story.
---
The heat and light from the sun are caused by the nuclear reaction between a failed foreign policy, a failed domestic policy, and a failed presidency. -TMBG
#7Shadow1975Posted 1/22/2008 11:15:58 PM
Yeah, because the quests that are offered that give Faction as a reward are never worth doing.......... Fort Aspenwood, Jade Quarry, and Alliance Battles are not done either.......

Grind, lol.

Shadow
---
#8DarkThespianPosted 1/22/2008 11:50:59 PM
Since when is whether or not something is "worth" being done among the criteria for determining if something is grinding? Firstly, it is the player's job to determine what is "worth" being done--in this case, however, the game forces players to waste their time getting faction points instead of just continuing the storyline. While to me, that's not a problem generally...I enjoy ABing quite a bit actually...the fact still remains that, to many people, getting those points is a grind. They'll likely be doing those quests for the faction reward and nothing else, merely so they can continue. And of course, those who AB a lot suddenly have to fight for a different side if they want to experience the entire game. I've still yet to beat Unwaking on the Kurzick side for that very reason.

I'll concede the point that, as far as most Online RPG's go, the grind is minimal, and, depending on how you approach it, is not a a grind at all. But for those who don't have much time to spare playing GW, obtaining that many points could take a few days to get.
---
The heat and light from the sun are caused by the nuclear reaction between a failed foreign policy, a failed domestic policy, and a failed presidency. -TMBG
#9Z_BLADEPosted 1/23/2008 2:45:21 AM
There are enough quests to get the faction for befriending the X.

So it's a grind in the sense that you have to complete a lot of quests.
---
Signature: Hello.
#10rokklobstirPosted 1/23/2008 4:39:18 AM
grinding is only necessary if you want to put on the fancy stuff that doesnt do anything better but looks good. as for the heroes and henches, they are almost as good as other players. depending on how you build them and your micromanaging skills, heroes are possibly much better than most players.