This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gold???

#1Cheating-masterPosted 1/22/2008 8:23:25 PM
what is the best way to get lot of gold?
[*im new to the game*]
#2Cheating-master(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2008 8:26:21 PM
. . . . .... ... . oh and i think im in {old Ascalon}
#3pennydemonPosted 1/22/2008 8:40:31 PM
Sell everything monsters drop. Really. Unless you plan on using one of the weapons or dyes that drop, none of the phat lewts in Old Ascalon are that valuable, except maybe Lumps of Charcoal.
---
The control valves! THEY'RE LOOSE!
#4light_bladePosted 1/22/2008 8:42:26 PM

Oh..the best way for you get lot of gold is figure out a way to do a solo UW run in 7 minutes.

I think I said too much already.

#5strcpyPosted 1/22/2008 11:54:58 PM
Beat the game to unlock hard mode, create a 55 monk, go farm. At that point there are many areas you can do.

You aren't going to make much gold until end game and you aren't going to have any farming builds until you get to the next to last or the last area and can cap the needed Elites. The only normal mode area that is worth farming is the Underworld or FoW and you aren't going to have access to those areas until late in the game, even then they are MUCH more profitable in Hard Mode.

Until then pick up all drops and sell them to the merchant or appropriate trader. From the Jungle on ID every item (it raises the sale price of whites by more than the cost of the kit at around that area) before it goes to the merchant. Do all the quests. To save money use collector armor/items - check the official wiki for a list of collectors and what they trade. Be careful purchasing runes, though they can be reliably salvaged from armor (don't bother with insignias until you get you final armor) so you will not loose that gold.

Lastly if you want a lot of money but your account perma-banned when Anet gets to you spot in their server logs go see the gold sellers. Other wise you are going to have to do the above.
#6Cheating-master(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2008 6:24:12 AM
cool thx ill try hard
#7LokiISPPosted 1/23/2008 8:41:03 AM
That, and since you are in Old Ascalon (aka VERY early on), you won't really have need of large amounts of gold at this point.
---
XBL GT: Loki ISP....GW IGN: Nentslye Woodmaster, Pope Woodmaster I, Silussa Mindraper
Clan Leader, XBL Clan Wolfpacklan...www.wolfpacklan.org
#8Cheating-master(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2008 8:44:18 AM
. . . . . . . . ... . . .. . . . ... ya i now
#9SimbolaPosted 1/23/2008 4:38:27 PM
You don't need very much gold unless you are planning on buying pricey weapons, runes, or elite armor (which isn't any better than max armor).

I only have about 18,000 gold and I'm fine with that, while there are people who have over 500,000.
---
DBZ BT3 FC: 1246 7754 1923
#10FatherMackenziePosted 1/23/2008 4:48:59 PM
There's a reason to identify white items?
Enlighten me.
---
"Say goodbye to your secret crap!"
-The Scout, Team Fortress 2