This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Concerning Elite Skills

#11Duke DarkwoodPosted 1/24/2008 11:18:45 AM
And, to be honest, that's almost as much a reason to wait for Double XP weekends as the double XP - gives me a chance to re-amass the proper funds.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#12Lone_ProdigyPosted 1/24/2008 11:37:02 AM
What about skill points? Do you just farm like mad?
#13Shadow1975Posted 1/24/2008 12:38:45 PM
You get 5000xp for each skill cap. 3 skill caps = 1 skill point. Factions + Nightfall gives 3 skill points for Masters level mission completion. Prophecies gives 2 skill points for mission+bonus. Considering my Ranger has every elite in the game, every Ranger skill in the game, 2/3 of the Necro skills, 1/2 of the Monk skills, and about 1/5 of all remaining classes skills, and I still have ~500 skill points, it shouldn't be hard.

I do not farm with my Ranger. I did do Legendary Vanquisher, Legendary Guardian, and Legendary Cartographer though, so that helped me with gaining skill points.

Shadow
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln
#14Duke DarkwoodPosted 1/24/2008 2:23:21 PM
As for me, the character I'm working on this title with - my main - has Protector on all three continents, so he's earned plenty of SP from that. The fact that I get almost all my elites (except for my primary and usual secondary (W/Me) during double XP weekends means I'm earning 10,000 per capture. And then there's all the questing I've done, and any experience gained from fights while I'm working on other things.

Very seldom do I farm for farming's sake, be it gold, or experience. In general, I try to pick a goal to work on (usually title-related, these days), and what loot I earn in the process becomes my take.

Anyway, He's 19 months old; his SP total is in the upper 500s (over half of them used up). Quests, missions, title work, it all adds up. It takes time, yes - I don't do some of the intensive farming many people do, so while I earn a respectable sum, it's not a never-ending river of gold/XP.

Does make one wonder how many SP some of those people have. The ones who've had the game since release and do take the time for intensive farming. A thousand plus, easily - enough for every skill in the game, which I know some people have gone for. 1500? I'm sure some have reached that by now. 2000? Who knows... maybe a few are that dedicated/insane.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#15Scottie_theNerd(Moderator)Posted 1/24/2008 7:52:37 PM
The reason why Consumables cost skill points is to give players a place to sink their skill points after three campaigns.
---
http://scottie-thenerd.deviantart.com
#16LokiISPPosted 1/25/2008 8:52:53 AM
Yes, and consumeables were a very welcome addition...gives me something else to drop all those unused SPs into... :)
---
XBL GT: Loki ISP....GW IGN: Nentslye Woodmaster, Pope Woodmaster I, Silussa Mindraper
Clan Leader, XBL Clan Wolfpacklan...www.wolfpacklan.org