This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elementalist question

#1sash_phoenix92Posted 1/24/2008 1:49:34 PM

Okay i want to raise my elementalist in only one or two types of magic...

which one should i choose ?

#2dekouPosted 1/24/2008 3:17:21 PM
For PvE, anything but water. Fire is the noob-friendly element.
#3light_bladePosted 1/24/2008 4:28:46 PM

Two.

You'll always want to invest 10 points in Earth Magic for Ward Against Melee.

Then, 8+1 energy storage for 15 energy Glyph of Lesser Energy.

The rest adds up to 12+1+1 attributes for an element of your choice.

#4Z_BLADEPosted 1/25/2008 3:10:34 AM
In answer to your question:
You should really only focus on one element at a time, and switching is easy since you can re-arrange your points in town. If that doesn't help then I probably misunderstood what you're asking.

And in relation to water magic:
Water is a really good support element, I love playing water in PvE.

Air is the useless one in PvE, it has a few support elements but in general Earth or Water are better support and spikes are pretty pointless on monsters.
---
Signature: Hello.
#5dekouPosted 1/25/2008 4:45:50 AM
Water and Air are both very useful in the more difficult areas. Before you get there it's better to use Fire or Earth.
#6Shadow1975Posted 1/25/2008 5:24:27 AM
Air is the useless one in PvE, it has a few support elements but in general Earth or Water are better support and spikes are pretty pointless on monsters.

Yeah, cause Blinding Flash/Surge, Enervating Charge, Shell Shock, and numerous armor penetration attacks aren't team support. Face a group of hard hitting melee, and Air is your best friend.

Shadow
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln
#7LokiISPPosted 1/25/2008 8:41:02 AM
There is no element that is useless in PVE.....though fire and earth are more useful in a wider variety of areas.

The nice thing is that Sup runes are cheap now....so, do what I did and build your ele to run all 4. I literally carry 4 sets of headgear and a weapon set for each element. That flexibility keeps my ele fresh - rather than just clicking nuke chains all day.

If you have to prioritize - in order of PVE usefulness - I would say Fire-Earth-Air-Water.

Best of luck!
---
XBL GT: Loki ISP....GW IGN: Nentslye Woodmaster, Pope Woodmaster I, Silussa Mindraper
Clan Leader, XBL Clan Wolfpacklan...www.wolfpacklan.org