This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the heck do I get rid of blind!?!?

#1XSerenadEXPosted 1/24/2008 2:46:32 PM
It's like every monster in the game knows how to blind, and I'm TOTALLY and COMPLETELY useless when I'm under the effects of blind, and there's NO WAY TO ****ing stop it!. I have purge conditions, but that's useless as well, because the second I use it, they just cast blind on me AGAIN.

Am I seriously going to be useless for the my time in this game because I can't hit ANYTHING?
---
Fact: Screaming the name of your attack out loud will make it more powerful
#2Shadow1975Posted 1/24/2008 3:05:40 PM
Actually, in Prophecies there are very few monsters that use Blind. Factions and Nightfall have considerably more that cause Blind, but it isn't 'every monster'. Mending Touch, Dismiss Condition, Antidote Signet, Mend Ailment, Purge Conditions, and Plague Touch all work well to combat Blind. However, a better thing to do it remove the source. Either have a Ranger or Mesmer stop the monster from using the skill that blinds you, or kill that monster.

There are very few skills that blind multiple targets at once. Unless you are facing those skills, SOMEONE on your team should be able to deal some damage to the source of the Blind.

If its PvP, then you need to learn how to play the game before trying PvP anymore.

Shadow
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln
#3dekouPosted 1/24/2008 3:16:24 PM
Yes, there are very few monsters that cause blindness, and most aren't very good at it. Anyway, they're mainly elementalists and those should be your primary targets, anyway. The only place where blindness really bothered me was the Shards of Orr dungeon.
#4light_bladePosted 1/24/2008 4:23:37 PM

Ye,

Get a rit secondary and use Sight Beyond Sight.

Thundercats! Hoo!!

#5light_bladePosted 1/24/2008 4:26:05 PM

Oh, you probably just suck too much.

I can use my W/E to kill that blinder on Nameless Isle.

Trust me, blind is not your problem. Your problem lies with yourself.

#6XSerenadEX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2008 4:53:19 PM
I got the game only a few days ago, I doubt I'm good. But I tried everything you guys said and nothing worked. They casted the spell in like a second, so it was too quick for me to interrupt, and there's three of them, all of them recasting it on my every 2 seconds. All I could do was wait for my henchmen to kill them.

---
Fact: Screaming the name of your attack out loud will make it more powerful
#7HappyNautilusPosted 1/24/2008 6:33:30 PM
Are you sure you aren't standing in the middle of Eruption?
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Eruption
---
Not changing this line until Pluto is re-planeted. Started 8/24/06
Faith in Humanity Meter: lllllllllllllll
#8Slash090Posted 1/24/2008 6:34:02 PM
Call Korn........ HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! But ah no in all seriousness I can't help you there.
---
Now sir, I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, and that sir is an idiot
#9maoricPosted 1/24/2008 7:35:20 PM
From: XSerenadEX | Posted: 1/24/2008 6:53:19 PM | Message Detail
I got the game only a few days ago, I doubt I'm good. But I tried everything you guys said and nothing worked. They casted the spell in like a second, so it was too quick for me to interrupt, and there's three of them, all of them recasting it on my every 2 seconds. All I could do was wait for my henchmen to kill them.

In some cases, that's all you need to do. You are able to form teams for a reason, no one build is able to take on everything. If you come up against enemies that continually blind you over and over and are unable to remove the blindness effectively, let your casters take care of them.

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#10Shadow1975Posted 1/24/2008 8:13:08 PM
What class is your character?
What monsters are you facing?
Where are you at?
What is your build?
What heroes/hench are you taking with you?
What skill/skills are the monsters using to Blind you?

Answer those, and we may be able to offer some more help.

Shadow
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln