This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where can I get better armor?

#1XSerenadEXPosted 1/24/2008 4:55:59 PM
I'm a level 15 W/MO, and I'm still using the Ascalon armor. I haven't seen anything better. I have seen wyvern, gladiator, and charr hide gear, but it's all the same. The only better gear I have seen is at Borreal Station in the expansion, but that requires steel ignots, which I don't have. how do i get better armor?
---
Fact: Screaming the name of your attack out loud will make it more powerful
#2Duke DarkwoodPosted 1/24/2008 5:36:41 PM
Soon. If you got the better armor at Ascalon (the two crafters have different-strength armor), you have armor equal to that sold ehre in Lion's Arch. The next upgrade should be in the Maguuma Jungle, at the Henge of Denravi. Then at Amnoon oasis in the Cyrstal Desert, and finally at Droknar's Forge, home to Max Armor.

Technically, the armor sold at Boreal Station is ALSO max armor, so since you have access to it, you may as well save up for it.

To get steel, salvage any of the salvage items that yield Iron - but use an Expert Salvage Kit. They'll still usually give Iron, but with the expert kit, have a CHANCE of yielding their rare material, Steel.

Alternately, save your money up and buy Steel from the Rare Material Trader.

The armor sold at Boreal isn't flashy, so you may later choose to go for a different set (either the normal armors sold at Droks or any of the prestige sets you see, ranging form 10k to 15k (one set in NF is 5k, but uses lots of very rare materials) per piece.

But the armor sold at Boreal Station IS max-rated for your class:

80 Defense for Warriors and Paragons (Warriors get +20 physical)
70 for Rangers, Assassins, and Dervishes (Rangers get +30 elemental defense)
And 60 AR for the five caster classes: Elementalist, Mesmer, Monk, Necromancer, and Ritualist
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#3XSerenadEX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2008 5:52:04 PM
Thanks a lot, that was a very helpful response. You have my gratitude.
---
Fact: Screaming the name of your attack out loud will make it more powerful
#4NanosplicerPosted 1/24/2008 7:48:59 PM
Where is Boreal Station?
---
Few things in this world are as pure as one man punching another in the face
#5maoricPosted 1/24/2008 7:54:53 PM
Boreal Station is the first outpost you arrive at in the Eye of the North expansion. If you have access to the expansion, you can reach it once you get to level 10 and reach Lion's Arch, Kaineng Center, or Kamadan and take the quest leading to Eye of the North's areas.

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#6Duke DarkwoodPosted 1/24/2008 7:56:04 PM
Boreal Station is the outpost you arrive at after taking the quest to begin Eye of the North. For Prophecies characters, for example, this is "What Lies Beneath", given by Len Caldoron at Lion's Arch. Of course, it requires that you have Eye of the North linked to your account.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#7HappyNautilusPosted 1/24/2008 10:09:52 PM
Plus you get a free max damage weapon there too. =P
---
Not changing this line until Pluto is re-planeted. Started 8/24/06
Faith in Humanity Meter: lllllllllllllll