This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guild wars keeps my computer from freezing

#1MoonSlayerAnulPosted 1/24/2008 5:15:42 PM
So a couple of months ago my computer started to freeze at weird intervals when it was running. It could freeze before I could log in or 15 minutes after I started, but it had me scared that my computer was busted. So later I realized that it never froze up when Guild Wars was running, underscored or not. I did just think that if my parents decided to use my computer and had it freeze on them they would be mad about me not telling them, but I think that there is a low chance of them doing that. So, why does it only freeze-up when GW isn't running, and do any of you know how to fix the problem completely
---
Hello, I am a New England Patriots fan.... But i think Belicheck should have been suspended, so dont yell at me!
#2XSerenadEXPosted 1/24/2008 5:53:22 PM
The answer is simple, you aren't playing enough Guild Wars and your computer is punishing you.
---
Fact: Screaming the name of your attack out loud will make it more powerful
#3MoonSlayerAnul(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2008 8:11:47 PM
Hmm, I will keep that in mind, but I'm serious, this isn't a joke, for whatever reason this really happens. So any more advice would be appriciated. Pretty please.
---
Hello, I am a New England Patriots fan.... But i think Belicheck should have been suspended, so dont yell at me!
#4VindalesinPosted 1/25/2008 9:53:35 AM
That's the strangest problem I've ever heard.

Well, not really, but it doesn't sound like anything a good reformat won't fix.
---
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
#5MoonSlayerAnul(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 10:30:02 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but can you elaborate on reformat? How does one go about reforming his computer? Is there one service provider you trust above others?
---
#6VindalesinPosted 1/25/2008 11:08:10 AM
Well I only say a reformat will fix just about anything except hardware issues, since it wipes your drive. If you want to do it, back all your important stuff up on an external hard drive/DVD/whatever and boot your computer from your windows disc, and it can do it for you.

It doesn't sound like you have much computer experience though, so I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you're out of options or have a friend that might be able to do it for you.

Whatever you do, don't try and take it to best buy or some other place to get it fixed, they'll charge you an arm and a leg so they can perform a relatively simple task.
---
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
#7MoonSlayerAnul(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 11:12:36 AM
No, I don't have any computer experiance, but like I said I don't think it's that big of a problem. Thanks for the advice.
---
#8paulzeplayerPosted 1/26/2008 5:37:59 PM
actually sometimes when u just install the operating system again instead of reformatting it, it allows u to keep everything on the computer while still having it fixed u do need to reactivate ur operating system and that can b annoying trust me i just did it
---
R.I.P. Sean Taylor, Damien Nash, and Darrent Williams
MySpace Sucks. Patriots 17-0