This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the game really free?

#1Slash090Posted 1/24/2008 6:36:27 PM
I know there is no monthly fee, but are there other fees? I know in Maple Story there's no monthly fee but you have to purchase money.
---
Now sir, I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, and that sir is an idiot
#2light_bladePosted 1/24/2008 6:37:23 PM
Yes, people always think it's hard to believe, but it's true.
#3Scottie_theNerd(Moderator)Posted 1/24/2008 7:28:35 PM
There is a one-off purchase cost, but no other fees.
---
http://scottie-thenerd.deviantart.com
#4Slash090(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2008 7:56:02 PM
So, other than the cost of the game, there are no other fees?
---
Now sir, I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, and that sir is an idiot
#5DarkThespianPosted 1/24/2008 7:59:55 PM
You are correct.
---
The heat and light from the sun are caused by the nuclear reaction between a failed foreign policy, a failed domestic policy, and a failed presidency. -TMBG
#6Duke DarkwoodPosted 1/24/2008 8:04:10 PM
It's free. The only cost is buying the game(s), either at a retail outlet or through the online store. The online store also has other things - extra character slots (if 4-8 isn't enough), unlock packs (for PvP characters who don't want to spend time unlocking things manually), and, by the end of this month, a special Bonus Mission Pack is going on sale.

But all of those are optional. You can have a very satisfying experience with even just ONE of the GW titles (although the more you have, the more you have access to). To play the game itself (once you've bought it, installed the client, and created an account) is free. FOREVER. FOREVER!!!

Also... buying money? What kind of game makes you pay real money for fake? I mean, some GW players try selling gold, but not only is that not endorsed by the company, it is against the EULA and is a bannable offense for both parties. I can't imagine the kind of company that would want to sell their own gold directly. Who needs to buy money when you can kill, loot, and sell the loot - the same way RPGamers have been making money for at least 20 years!
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#7Slash090(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 9:29:57 AM
^ Thats got to be the smartest thing I have ever heard anybody say about anything....... ever.
---
#8personn5Posted 1/25/2008 6:09:20 PM
oh, in you don't buy the money for maplestory like that

they have an online store thing where you buy credits for it, so you can buy special items for your character with them...

and yes, GW is free, except for your purcahse of the game itself...
---
whats the point of happiness? it can't buy you money
freewebs.com/personn5 - my site,visit it! comment on it!