Superior Vigor runes need a price drop.

#1HappyNautilusPosted 1/25/2008 12:15:21 AM
Seriously. +50 health? Who doesn't wear one? Yet they cost more than a full set of max armor. Seems like it goes against the idea that the best gear is easy to get. =\
---
Not changing this line until Pluto is re-planeted. Started 8/24/06
Faith in Humanity Meter: lllllllllllllll
#2light_bladePosted 1/25/2008 12:26:39 AM

How much is it now? I remember the days when it used to be 100k. There were a lot of people bought their Obsidian armor when it cost 2 million. Now it's only about 700k.

So quit complaining.

#3Scottie_theNerd(Moderator)Posted 1/25/2008 12:33:50 AM
"+50 health? Who doesn't wear one? Yet they cost more than a full set of max armor."

Superior Runes of Vigor cost a stack because everyone needs one.
---
http://scottie-thenerd.deviantart.com
#4HappyNautilus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 12:39:22 AM
I know, but it isn't like there can actually be a shortage, what harm is it to manually drop the price a few platinum? It won't destabilize the entire economy.
---
Not changing this line until Pluto is re-planeted. Started 8/24/06
Faith in Humanity Meter: lllllllllllllll
#5CzechnmymailPosted 1/25/2008 12:54:38 AM
I've always thought of superior vigor as a prestige/goldsink item rather than a functional rune of vigor. Sure, in PvP, you'd be stupid to play without one (unless you've simply not unlocked it yet), but in PvE, the extra 9 health over a major vigor is just absurd to spend an extra 10k on unless you just have loads of cash and nothing on which to spend it, or you'd just really like to have the best stats.

It's really kind of comparable to max weapon mods, but on a more grandiose scale. A 19% sundering is almost worthless, because if you're going to buy a mod, you might as well get the best, even though the difference in functionality is negligible.
---
La fille danse quand elle joue avec moi, et je pense que je l'aime des fois.
Le silence n'ose pas dis; donc, quand on est ensemble, mettre les mots sur la petite dodo.
#6LokiISPPosted 1/25/2008 7:46:30 AM
^^Yes, let's not let supply and demand dictate the market, as it should.

While we are at it, is there anything else that you want, but can't afford, that we can make artificially cheaper for you? :p

Again, Sup Vigs used to be WAY WAY more expensive than the paltry 14k they are now (the last time I checked). In fact, runes in general are FAR cheaper now....asking for further price degradation via price controls is a horrific idea.

Economics FTW.... :)
---
XBL GT: Loki ISP....GW IGN: Nentslye Woodmaster, Pope Woodmaster I, Silussa Mindraper
Clan Leader, XBL Clan Wolfpacklan...www.wolfpacklan.org
#7Dark_V0idPosted 1/25/2008 5:28:16 PM
Seriously. +50 health? Who doesn't wear one?

Me, and all my heroes use major. I'm not spending an additional 10+k for 9 more health until I've bought things more worthwhile. Like every skill in the game, enough caps for legendary skill hunter, enough booze for alehound, my 5th elite armor set, every destroyer weapon I don't have, sweets, a fully runed armor set and max weapon set for every hero, a few alts and probably some things I'm not thinking of off the top of my head. Maybe after that I'll consider wasting 10k for a measly 9 additional health.

---
Guild Wars: Purest Blood - People Know Me
Recent Completed Goal: Legendary Guardian Title
#8Scottie_theNerd(Moderator)Posted 1/25/2008 6:12:41 PM
"I know, but it isn't like there can actually be a shortage, what harm is it to manually drop the price a few platinum?"

Prices are dictated by demand. Why would Anet artificially reduce the price?
---
http://scottie-thenerd.deviantart.com
#9Duke DarkwoodPosted 1/25/2008 9:32:42 PM
Me, and all my heroes use major. I'm not spending an additional 10+k for 9 more health until I've bought things more worthwhile.

Agreed. Also, I want to find, ID, and unlock my first one. Rare as that is, I don't recall runes unlocking if you up and buy them. Plus, I just don't think a mere 9 HP is worth the insane prices.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#10DarkThespianPosted 1/25/2008 10:18:32 PM
I usually get sup vigors just because it rounds my health off at these nice numbers. I cringe when my ele has 526, but 535 hp looks a lot nicer.
---
The heat and light from the sun are caused by the nuclear reaction between a failed foreign policy, a failed domestic policy, and a failed presidency. -TMBG