This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Forgot my e-mail account?

#1LethalhazardPosted 5/5/2009 5:42:18 PM

I bought Guild Wars back when it was first released, in 2005. I played it for about a year and a half. Anyway, now I can't find my e-mail that was tied to my access key. I still have my access key here, but it says it's currently in use (of course). What do I do to figure out what my e-mail was? If I could just figure that out, I think I could get the game back. Is there any other alternative?

#2Lord_WoobiePosted 5/5/2009 7:30:23 PM
How many email accounts do you have??? Just keep trying to enter each of your email usernames into the login screen and hope for the best. The login screen should keep your email account name recorded indefinitely. You may be able to check each of your email inboxes all the way back to 2005 and hope that you find a registration confirmation email from ANet or NCSoft. But, in all honesty, you should have written something down.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#3pyber80Posted 5/6/2009 1:21:28 AM
Aside from doing as the above poster suggested, as a last resort, you can contact support and see about getting your account info from them. Be prepared to answer a whole whack of questions though, as they will need to verify in every possible way that you are the original owner of that account. You having your original access key still will go a long way to helping in that regard as well.

Considering the hassle that going through support can be though, try what the above poster suggested first.

---
pfft, women are useless, they can't fit in a hard drive. -- I Like Toast
#4LokiISPPosted 5/6/2009 6:58:11 AM
The info they will want will be name/address/account keys/any cc# attached to the account.....and likely much, much more. If I were you, I'd submit a ticket and see if you can get them to let you resolve it on the phone. Email chains will likely just frustrate you.
---
XBL GT: Loki ISP....GW IGN: Nentslye Woodmaster, Pope Woodmaster I, Silussa Mindraper
Clan Leader, XBL Clan Wolfpacklan...www.wolfpacklan.org
#5Lethalhazard(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2009 1:39:04 PM
I am contacting support right now. I know everything, including account keys. I just don't remember the name at all. Anyway, they said my access key was valid and tied to a similar account that my hotmail one was on but refuse to tell me the name of it. I also sent a screen shot of my access key. Like the above poster has said, I've had to e-mail about five times. This is a pretty complicated process for such a simple matter, I hope I get it back....
#6Lethalhazard(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2009 1:41:27 PM

Lord_Woobie posted...
How many email accounts do you have??? Just keep trying to enter each of your email usernames into the login screen and hope for the best. The login screen should keep your email account name recorded indefinitely. You may be able to check each of your email inboxes all the way back to 2005 and hope that you find a registration confirmation email from ANet or NCSoft. But, in all honesty, you should have written something down.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!

I have a ton of e-mail accounts. I was really dumb back then and would make e-mail accounts and forget them. I've had the same e-mail for the last two years at least, but I have forgotten many e-mail accounts I used to have. I hope I didn't jot down any false information.....I'm basically only holding on to the fact that I have the access key infront of me =/.

#7LokiISPPosted 5/6/2009 1:45:07 PM
Maybe they could send an email ping to the account linked to the key? If they do, and you then go through your list of accounts, you might find it.

That is no risk on their end, as only the rightful owner would have access to that email.
---
XBL GT: Loki ISP....GW IGN: Nentslye Woodmaster, Pope Woodmaster I, Silussa Mindraper
#8Lethalhazard(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2009 4:29:08 PM

LokiISP posted...
Maybe they could send an email ping to the account linked to the key? If they do, and you then go through your list of accounts, you might find it.

That is no risk on their end, as only the rightful owner would have access to that email.
---

I'm 100% positive that would work, I would know the password at least to the e-mail if only I could get the name of it...well, anyway, they told me my ticket is being escalated so I'll wait awhile until I can get some decent help!

#9LokiISPPosted 5/7/2009 6:11:21 AM
When it is escalated, you should make that direct suggestion - don't wait for them to make it for you.
---
#10Lethalhazard(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2009 9:09:44 AM

LokiISP posted...
When it is escalated, you should make that direct suggestion - don't wait for them to make it for you.
---

yeaaaah it's been about five days since that and no response from them I just e-mailed again.