This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

System Requirements for Guild Wars 2?

#1zhenghanPosted 5/7/2010 3:23:09 PM
Do you think my computer will be able to run Guild Wars 2 at high settings?

Specs:
Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6GHz
4GB DDR3 1600
Radeon 5750 1G @ 850/1200

Planning to buy it day 1 if I can run it.
---
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
#2Orion_DepartingPosted 5/7/2010 3:51:59 PM
It's not out yet? You sure you don't mean one of the campaigns and/or the expansion for the original Guild Wars? I wasn't aware that Guild Wars 2 was available for pre-order yet.

If it is, I still advise you to wait. Nobody knows what the requirements will be yet as we have not been given any info on that. They HAVE told us that though it will need something better than the original Guild Wars it will still be able to run on a mid-range computer; you won't need some high end gaming machine to play it.

Even so, I personally think it's unwise to pre-order it this early. The game probably won't be released until early next year sometime. Gamestop has it set for a November release but that is purely speculation and is almost definitely going to change. We don't have a release date yet. Most guesses put the beta to be near the end of this year with the game finally being released early next year.

It would mean better sales if anything because they won't have to compete with Cataclysm, which comes out in November I think.
---
ME (6 months of dieting, 72 pounds lighter and still losing): http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vqk138&s=5
#3zhenghan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2010 4:15:15 PM
what's cataclysm?
---
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
#4Psykic PetrolPosted 5/7/2010 4:18:41 PM
sc2?
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english. - Bean0
#5Orion_DepartingPosted 5/7/2010 4:23:46 PM
Cataclysm is the new World of Warcraft expansion that comes out at the end of this year. Though the two games are both great WoW still dominates the market and it would be unwise to release GW2 at the same time.
---
ME (6 months of dieting, 72 pounds lighter and still losing): http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vqk138&s=5
#6SKA_Posted 5/7/2010 4:53:21 PM
i dont think anet is even aware of a release date for GW2
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#7Psykic PetrolPosted 5/7/2010 5:03:39 PM
We're meant to have a beta before it is released.
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english. - Bean0
#8Chris616263_Posted 5/7/2010 5:09:16 PM
It'll drop just before StarCraft: Ghost, and after Duke Nukem Forever.
---
www.wolfpacklan.org | XBL: Chris616263
#9Dragonspawn1319Posted 5/7/2010 9:27:25 PM
By looking at some of the game play footage, my guess is you should be able to run it. Again, that is a GUESS, and as for settings there is no way to estimate that seeing as no one knows the level of settings they had the footage shots set too.

Slightly off topic but I bought my current PC right around the time Prophecies came out and it is capable of running Star-craft 2, I'm downloading the beta as I type. Sorta makes me hopeful that I can run Diablo 3 if not GW2.

For the record I have an AMD Semperon 1.79Ghz w/ 1.25Gram. SC2 simply requires any 128-bit video card
---
{IGN's} Guild Wars: The Green Book // BF2142: GreenBook
PSN : GreenBook