This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any of the oldbies still here? Loki, Shadow, Duke...?

#1HyperDragonPosted 5/13/2012 5:17:40 AM
Hm hm?
#2LizardneckPosted 5/13/2012 5:28:48 AM
Haven't seen Shadow in a long time. Duke mostly posts on the GW2 board. Loki still pops in from time to time, though.
#3HyperDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 5:31:53 AM
Lizardneck! Would have included you if there was room. :p

Damn man, without Shadow (and me both!) there must have been no cynicism on this board for a long long time. :/ Whatta shame.
#4SKA_Posted 5/13/2012 5:55:01 AM
what am i? chopped liver? way to destroy my self esteem.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#5HyperDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 6:42:45 AM
Hey man, there's a small title limit, I'm sorry! :(

Anyways, I'm getting back into the game coz I played GW2 beta, it was amazing, and basically every other game sucks in comparison now. I need a Guild Wars-esque fix. Going to go on a huge PvE binge (coz I never really did everything in PvE back then) on a new character.

What's the ideal order now and days? Coz you can have 7 heroes I hear I'm guessing:

Nightfall -> EotN asap (for OP PvE skills + heroes) -> Factions -> Prophecies -> Guild Wars Beyond (idk the order here OR how to start this halp) -> Hard Mode everything

???
#6SKA_Posted 5/13/2012 7:21:53 AM
why not do things in the right order? prophecies -> factions -> nightfall -> gwen -> GWB war in kryta -> GWB winds of change -> HM

you can always get the starter heroes from NF and gwen and head right back into prophecies. or hench it up old school.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#7HyperDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 7:27:43 AM
SKA_ posted...
why not do things in the right order? prophecies -> factions -> nightfall -> gwen -> GWB war in kryta -> GWB winds of change -> HM

you can always get the starter heroes from NF and gwen and head right back into prophecies. or hench it up old school.

coz I want to get thru the PvE asap before GW2 comes out and I never play any other game ever again.
#8HyperDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 7:35:51 AM
srsly tho, how do I start GWB once I get there.
#9LizardneckPosted 5/13/2012 7:44:45 AM(edited)
Since you've played before and have skills unlocked, yeah, that order works, but I think that most of the Beyond content on NM is comparable to most of the regular content on HM.

For War in Kryta (requires beating either Prophecies or EotN, as well as doing either the Knowledgeable Asura or Zinn's Task), you can either pick up the quest from Murro in LA or you can follow this flowchart:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/7/7a/War_in_Kryta_flow_chart.png

After you finish the War in Kryta, go to the Hall of Monuments to watch a really long scene, then leave the Eye of the North into Ice Cliff Chasms and talk to the scout just outside. Then you head out on a hunt for clues. This is meant to be done without a guide, but if you need one, you can find one on the wiki. Each time you find one, bring it back to HoM and do a solo mission. After you do all of those, go out hunting one more time, watch a few scenes in HoM (requires rezoning a few times), then do the quests you're given at the end of those scenes. You technically aren't required to do one of them, though.

For Winds of Change, after beating Factions, talk to Zei Ri in Kaineng Center. If the NPC you're supposed to turn each quest in to doesn't give you the next quest, then they'll usually tell you where to go in the quest completion dialogue. If not, you'll be told before then. But, if you miss it or forget, you can talk to the Imperial Guide who's standing near Bujo, Honlo, and Qao Lin. She only tells you where to go for the NM quest chain, though. When/if you repeat the content for HM, she won't tell you where you last left off on it.
#10HyperDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 7:48:22 AM
Thanks bro.

The problem of the chapter model is really apparent now this far along. It's really hard to add new content without seeming confusing or jarring.